ScottCM

I've used the Triumph ISO 2 till they fell apart... So happy with them - as I am with most Saucony's. For me they are the max drop I go to and only use it for long and recovery runs. Currently using the Ride 4, which is pretty darn close to the same thing. 

Which sales have them?  :ph34r:

How does the Truimph and Ride compare to the freedoms or Kinvaras?

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the Truimph and Ride compare to the freedoms or Kinvaras?

Different animals altogether... Kinvara and Freedom just wants to go fast - these are easier shoes.

So, in short. higher drop, 8mm to the 4. More cushioning and all round a softer shoe. Which is why I like them for longer stuff. I have used Freedoms for a 30k race, and it's fine for that. My feet just felt comparatively tired. 

What I also like about the Ride/Triumph is because of the softer nature, I can actually alternate my strike (yes, I'm one of those weirdos) when I start getting tired. Haven't even tried it on the Freedoms yet and never took Kinvaras past a half.

I'm a prodigious heel striker and wearing the outer rears of my Saucony's down really quickly. 

Does changing the heel drop affect the rate at which this wear occur? 

Anyone doing RAC tuff one on Sunday?

Last year that race broke me,

Will also be there for end of year fun run :whistling: , will be my second time ... I don't find it particularly tough and enjoy the run...

Different animals altogether... Kinvara and Freedom just wants to go fast - these are easier shoes.

So, in short. higher drop, 8mm to the 4. More cushioning and all round a softer shoe. Which is why I like them for longer stuff. I have used Freedoms for a 30k race, and it's fine for that. My feet just felt comparatively tired. 

What I also like about the Ride/Triumph is because of the softer nature, I can actually alternate my strike (yes, I'm one of those weirdos) when I start getting tired. Haven't even tried it on the Freedoms yet and never took Kinvaras past a half.

Thanks

I'm a prodigious heel striker and wearing the outer rears of my Saucony's down really quickly. 

I would guess not. The outer sole would in my mind remain same thickness. It's the midsole that rises a bit more to lift the heel more.

I would rather fix your technique (if its bothering you) than trying to get shoes to mask the fact.

By the way, how did the 21k dreadmill effort go?

I would rather fix your technique (if its bothering you) than trying to get shoes to mask the fact.

By the way, how did the 21k dreadmill effort go?

Yeah. Some googling tells me I overpronate. My feet are flatter than the earth, so it's pretty difficult to change my foot placement. I think my rolling of my feet also aggravates my right hip joint on long runs. 

Tapped out at 15km. My brain was starting to leak out of my ears. 

Hi all, some advice please. We will be going to Joburg for the day next Saturday. Coming in from Magalies side, so normally just take the family shopping at cradle stone and drive back home later the same day. The missus needs some proper running shoes and maybe some advise on shoes. Are there any decent shops worth the visit that is close to cradle stone, hendrik Potgieter road area? Thx in advance. Apologies if this supposed to be in a seperate thread. Thx

Personally I always try and support the sweat shop. But your closet one will be Broadacres which is quite far

Yeah. Some googling tells me I overpronate. My feet are flatter than the earth, so it's pretty difficult to change my foot placement. I think my rolling of my feet also aggravates my right hip joint on long runs. 

Tapped out at 15km. My brain was starting to leak out of my ears.

Talking of long treadmill efforts has anyone used Zwift for running?

12hr male treadmill record belongs to Australian Matthew Eckford who ran 147.3km in May this year.

Running mate sent a message to our WhatsApp group that he stopped by a shop who had some 40% deals. Picked up a pair of my ASICS gt2000s for €50.... That's half price!

Talking of long treadmill efforts has anyone used Zwift for running?

12hr male treadmill record belongs to Australian Matthew Eckford who ran 147.3km in May this year.

I'm pretty sure I ran 12 hours on a treadmill once, though there must have been a malfunction because the clock said I had only been on there for 25 minutes.

Can anyone give recommendations around bluetooth earphones that are comfortable for running. Looking to get a pair, but there are a lot out there and its difficult to gauge what is comfortable or not.