ScottCM

On a side note runners- It's X Berg in 2 weeks, the most affordable 100 miler(well more than 100miles) but ya 160 odd km accross the berg, no marked route you can choose and make your own, navigate with gps, incredible scenery and of ya half the price of certain other 100 mile runs

One day is one day…

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely gutted. Such a brilliant event.

I believe so. Was hoping to do the half marathon next year.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

If true, quite shocking and sad.

https://www.runnersguide.co.za/pages/home/HomeArticle.aspx?ArticleID=5101

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

And they were wanting metro status a few years ago.. Yet they can't even assist with hosting a marathon. Very sad indeed.

I remember the last one I ran there was litter all along the route and I thought to myself that if they can't even bother to drive along the route and clean it up then there is really no hope

Wish I could take your Comrades Entry. I have serious FOMO...

Thanks, yeah, me too  :(

Physio says there's no stress fracture, but off for 6 weeks. And to be honest, I've been so on and off that my milage is no where near enough.

Always sad if a running club closes down, I believe the Denel (old Kentron) club is no more :(

(The host of this race :  http://www.raceresults.co.za/flyers/den0319.jpg )

I can't confirm if they indeed closed down, but I haven't seen any activity for the past year or so (i.e. time trials). I do know Denel club is/was heavily involved with other races such as the Wierie Road race and Zwarkops Lapa race. But with less than 40 members you are going to struggle to host a race.

For the loss of races I blame mostly the virtual club in orange... All the big clubs are losing members to this monster. Irene club just across the road from Denel had at some point close to 800 members, but I believe they are now less than 500. They cancelled the Irene Lantern this year. At some point RAC had more than 2000 members and I would like know how many they have now??

What do ye all think of the new comrades GM? Right person for the job..... Not enough experience?

I tam not convinced.... And mark my words.... There's gonna be a 6hr qualification in the next year or so to increase entry revenue

Edited by Stretch

With regards to pmb marathon....I think John hall's statement was a bit emotional on the back end of frustration. I think he will buckle again in 2020 with huge caveats to the municipality and the traffic police

What do ye all think of the new ***** comrades GM? Right person for the job..... Not enough experience?

I tam not convinced.... And mark my words.... There's gonna be a 6hr qualification in the next year or so to increase entry revenue

I don't think theres a lack of qualifiable people. No need to change the quali time. Increase numbers however - check, increase entry fee - theres your money.

I agree, the fee will go up again. Suddenly R600 per entry. That's a lot of money for people that don't earn that much.

And please stop having interviews with rubbish politicians and show us the runners instead.

With split screens, one for the mens and one for the ladies race.    Heck, have 4 split screens even.

With split screens, one for the mens and one for the ladies race.    Heck, have 4 split screens even.

Agree 100%. Are there live streams that we can watch?