ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll feature at the sharp end of Comrades but I've got a feeling he'll have to do something special to beat the regular contenders.

Part of me wants him to destroy everyone just to shut everyone up.... And part of me wants him to just do well but not win

Anyone else experience this before with their Garmin devices? Went for a run this morning, using my HRM Tri for HR, got home and synced the watch with the strap (to download the HR data) and the took it off. A bit later, I synced my watch to my phone and saw that crazy HR spike. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5287.PNG

Now, I'm quite sure if my HR reached 243 bpm whilst ironing a shirt, I wouldn't be typing this. Similar thing happened a while back. 

I'm not too fussed, as long as my HR readings are generally accurate, but anyone knows what might cause this? 

Sometimes if its very cold, or strap isn't wet or if it was very windy (going downhill on road bike) I got those kinds of readings with my garmin,

Anyone else experience this before with their Garmin devices? Went for a run this morning, using my HRM Tri for HR, got home and synced the watch with the strap (to download the HR data) and the took it off. A bit later, I synced my watch to my phone and saw that crazy HR spike.

IMG_5287.PNG

Now, I'm quite sure if my HR reached 243 bpm whilst ironing a shirt, I wouldn't be typing this. Similar thing happened a while back.

I'm not too fussed, as long as my HR readings are generally accurate, but anyone knows what might cause this?

Fork!!! U better go to a Dr quickly

Try stay calm don’t panic

Edit:

And get a polar ????

Edited by SwissVan

Crazy!!!

And Comrades 2020 is officially on. (From 7:50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=883&v=rSxhqHet3j0

I like Jim. I like how he handled the Comrades point. There have been some fighting words coming out and I'm sure his feelings of Bruce are quite different to what he said, saying that though I don't think he reeeeally cares.

I would love him to come out and have a good day running. I wonder how he would deal with running in a larger group, I imagine he's gotten pretty used to running man alone out on trails.

1:04 21km the other day this dude is legit fast, not only over long distances. I reckon he would give the standard hopefuls here something to really worry about.

Most of all I just want to see the worlds best standing on the same start line. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5287.PNG

This strap should not be as prone to powerline interference as some of the older straps, so I doubt that it could be that - which is one situation where I got such readings in the past.

The other was when my battery in my strap was close to going... might be worth checking out?

This strap should not be as prone to powerline interference as some of the older straps, so I doubt that it could be that - which is one situation where I got such readings in the past.

The other was when my battery in my strap was close to going... might be worth checking out?

I'm pretty sure I didn't have the strap on at that time, so must've been something to cause the watch's optical HR sensor to bug out. 

I'm pretty sure I didn't have the strap on at that time, so must've been something to cause the watch's optical HR sensor to bug out.

Its because you dont eat meat. ????

O...

My post was also related to the strap

Its because you dont eat meat.

Only a vegan's heart can withstand 243 bpm. 

*flexes whilst letting out primal scream*

I think he'll feature at the sharp end of Comrades but I've got a feeling he'll have to do something special to beat the regular contenders.

He is unlikely to come all the way here to come second. He has the speed and the endurance to cause a lot of trouble, he also likes to take the aggressor role. He will be an unknown to the local runners. Decent weather and sub 5:20 will be needed for the W.

Or Maybe he will be like Gerda this year, start fast and keep the pace up, so that all the other contenders have to change their gameplan. 

Don't think anyone will like that, and that will maybe unsettle alot of the big names. 

Will be awesome to watch it unfold.

My Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit's are nearing the end of their lifespan. I cannot seem to find any online. Sportsmans Warehouse has, but not my number. Does anyone know where I can find these guys. I have found them brilliant running shoes and do not want to switch back to the Pegasus at this point.

My Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit's are nearing the end of their lifespan. I cannot seem to find any online. Sportsmans Warehouse has, but not my number. Does anyone know where I can find these guys. I have found them brilliant running shoes and do not want to switch back to the Pegasus at this point.

What about the Nike South Africa stores?