ScottCM

I will continue training. If push comes to shove and Comrades is cancelled it might just push me into running a Washie if that isn’t cancelled.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting anxiously for CMA to make a decision. All the races I have entered for the rest of March and April have been cancelled.

I am very paranoid at the moment, so I am avoiding our running club, the gym and even malls. I told my domestic worker not to come to work (still paying her) 

I will continue with my training, I guess more solo running or running with one or two mates will still be on the cards.

I don't know if I will do Comrades even it goes ahead. I realised on Saturday at ODD how reckless it is to be at a running race. As mentioned before, biting water sachets, runners bumping into you, runners sneezing, coughing, making snot rockets around you, volunteers not wearing gloves etc.

I am contemplating now if I should get a treadmill.

Zwift is already set up for some indoor cycling sessions and my training will now include more cycling, especially with winter around the corner. 

Thanks guys... Gonna go for my traditional birthday run later

I love those. What better way to spend ones bday. a few years ago we were going fishing on my Birthday and planned to leave at 04:30 so a mate joined me at 03:00 for a 10km bday run  :thumbup:  Enjoy bud

Happy Happy Stretch...

Yoh interesting dot watching today:

George 6 peaks FKT going down: https://gtrtrails.run/tracking/

And the Rae to Rhodes runners

https://www.freedomchallenge.org.za/

interesting the runners are only 20-30km behind the people cycling in their batch.

The cyclists who started the race 24 hours ahead of them are only 60-80km ahead, so average speeds over the 48 hours are slower than the runners over 24 hours. This could be interesting especially when they get to the big hike a bikes...

Edited by dave303e

It might go ahead, but I'm pretty sure it won't go ahead as planned...

post-42568-0-65480200-1584436764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Craai

I think they are just delaying the inevitable. 

Imagine how peeved the substitution people will be when the race gets binned.... (especially considering that subs close the day before the final decision is due to be made)

Edited by Craai

I think they are just delaying the inevitable.

Its the best statement under the circumstances. Everyone can continue with their training and wait for the announcement on the 17th. Kudos to CMA for not overreacting now.

Its the best statement under the circumstances. Everyone can continue with their training and wait for the announcement on the 17th. Kudos to CMA for not overreacting now.

Agree. Once they've decided to pull the plug they can't put it back again; a lot can & will change in the next 3.5 weeks.

Agree 100%. Hopefully there will be some sort of plan for the guys that couldn't  qualify at the races that were cancelled. 

Agree 100%. Hopefully there will be some sort of plan for the guys that couldn't qualify at the races that were cancelled.

Im sure they will. If not we will see a lot less people starting in PMB.

interesting the runners are only 20-30km behind the people cycling in their batch.

The cyclists who started the race 24 hours ahead of them are only 60-80km ahead, so average speeds over the 48 hours are slower than the runners over 24 hours. This could be interesting especially when they get to the big hike a bikes...

can't really compare average speeds directly.

riders in batch B were slow in terms of riding time, got to allendale at 9pm. they then slept till 7am.

As they were leaving the runners arrived after 25hours on their feet.

so you could say they were going at the same speed at that point!!

but ja, not knocking them they are all hardcore and i'm excited to se ehow they fare here! just saying don't compare them to riders who they won't catch