ScottCM

think there are gonna be a lot more fun peak tagging and grand traversing mission coming up now that there are no races... 

FKT racing is an option.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be most interesting to see how this plays out ... some similarities, and many differences between SA and China.

- we started our lock down earlier (too little or too much being open for debate)

- our medical staff have the benefit of 3 months world experience ....

- we dont have enough test kits .... 750 kits at one hospital on Tuesday, 1200 arrive to be tested  (will check if the new faster test is available here yet ..., doubt it)

- impossible to do a proper lock down in the informal settlements ....

we can but pray the treatments for this is resolved quickly, and available in sufficient quantities ... then things may look a lot better here than in other countries.

Ja... The headspace in SA is also all wrong.

The affluent people are generally unaffected by most things.

Trains burned, the affluent have opinions but it effects none of them.

Economy goes tits, guys have to not buy a new bike that year...... 

The removal of consequence has put us in a headspace that makes taking responsibility for things like this difficult. 

Things like this happen to other people, the less fortunate etc..... as real as it is, it doesn't affect us.... until it does. And then it's everyone else's fault.

We tend to be apathetic and great victims.......

Our running club has let us know that The Department of Public Works has issued a notice that all officials that worked at Om Die Dam on Saturday could have been in contact with the coronavirus. 

Athletes told not to panic but to rather watch carefully for symptoms.

Just stirring the pot a little. Saw this post on fb. I really feel sorry for the runners. They dont know what to believe anymore. Its kinda getting ridiculous now...

He got a lot of flack for that tweet - Tagged the wrong federation!  Athletics South Australia, not Athletics South Africa  :wacko:

Waiting for Wally Hayward, saw the Fresh Trails at Wolwespruit has been postponed to May.

That’s it for Wally then as well

post-42568-0-22809100-1584535996_thumb.png

Our running club has let us know that The Department of Public Works has issued a notice that all officials that worked at Om Die Dam on Saturday could have been in contact with the coronavirus. 

Athletes told not to panic but to rather watch carefully for symptoms.

I just got the email.  Fortunately for me the DPW were only about 1 km from the finish in green shirts i think and i know i did not stop for water at their aid station....still  :blink:

With reference to the letter titled “Corona Virus Action Plan” issued by the Department of Public Works and Roads of the North West Provincial Government, asking their officials who worked on the race to get tested. This document was intended for internal purposes of the officials of the Bonjanala District, who participated and worked as Officials on the Om die Dam race. This was purely a precautionary measure in line with Government to contain the Covid 19 outbreak.

The Om die Dam Organising Committee has confirmed that the document was not addressed to The Om die Dam runners, we have communicated with the department and have been assured that there is no need to ask all runners that participated to get tested.  

Currently Om die Dam has no reason to believe that there has been any exposure to the virus at the race but will be monitoring the situation. Should any information become available to the contrary it will be reported to the authorities immediately and all entrants will be notified.

Please take note that the event took place before the announcements by the President on Sunday evening of the recommended measures by the Government to postpone/cancel events and gatherings of more than 100 people.

We implore all participants not to panic and follow all guidelines set out by the Minister of Health.

We trust that you find this in order.

Warm Regards

Jaco Venter

Om die Dam: Race Director

Woke up this morning feeling pretty dejected about all things training. UTD was officially cancelled yesterday and our entries rolled over to next year. Its strange not having a race on anymore, and also not being able to really plan for a next one too, given how up in the air things are feeling.

I've literally thought about this run every single day since I ballsed up my effort so badly last year.

Stuck in a funk...

I feel the opposite.

I’m looking forward to a break, and just running and riding at the pace/speed I feel like doing. Forgetting the training for a specific event and just going out there and enjoying the moment.

I feel the opposite.

I’m looking forward to a break, and just running and riding at the pace/speed I feel like doing. Forgetting the training for a specific event and just going out there and enjoying the moment.

I'm kind of feeling the same.. My body was tired... And my matron training was really difficult in the winter... But..I was feeling good.... So disappointed.. But looking forward to taking it easy for the next couple of months

I'm kind of feeling the same.. My body was tired... And my matron training was really difficult in the winter... But..I was feeling good.... So disappointed.. But looking forward to taking it easy for the next couple of months

New job?