ScottCM

The streets were buzzing and it felt glorious to be running again. Wore a buff around my neck and as soon as I saw someone coming or think there might be someone around a blind corner just popped it over my nose and mouth. Once I was alone or more than say 10m away in opposite direction pull it down. Its easy to see someone / vehicle approach and by the time they cross the space I occupied on the sidewalk all traces of my breathing will be long gone. But hearing others launching snotrockets wasn't cool. Within sight of my security complex gate, popped it back on again. Saw some others with the same strategy and wearing a buffmask like this isnt bothersome for the shortish time it takes for others to pass or be out of sight. Especially since its so chilly beyween 6-7. Perhaps I am mistaken with adopting this strategy, but co2 poisoning was the only other option in my unfit state!

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just did my first run with it. It’s great. Picks up cadence as well. Each family member has own Zwift profile with an iPad and we each took a turn to run. Was super easy.

Only downside so far is that the iPad does not pick up my heart rate.

Do you have an Apple Watch? It works using one, paired to my iPhone.

Yis. I had a lekker run this morning, but hell it was busy out there in my hood of Bryanston. Felt like I walked into a mash up of 947, Park run and Walk the Talk. Dogs, prams, bikes, runners, walkers and all with smiles.

I did a good 1hr30 run and felt awesome doing it, although it did take me a few km's to get going. I'm a fair weather mid day type, so early starts in the cold don't really float my boat. But I'll take a few hours on the open road with absolute pleasure.

Best news was getting back home and hearing that there were some frosties going from a colleague, so quick shower and a drive to get the contraband..

In dont know wich one is harder, running with your face covered or running on the treadmill. Roads were quiet, only saw 3 other runners, 2 not wearing masks. I called 10111.

My concern after 6 weeks on the treadmill was that my legs would feel a little dead, but it literally felt as if the ground moved under me. Weirdest sensation.

And it was cold.

you're a funny one. Calling the cops on people doing non illegal activities.

you're a funny one. Calling the cops on people doing non illegal activities.

Eh...nevermind.

I can't believe it, not everyone waved at me this morning. I though runners always waved at runners? 

Cyclist's wave at cyclist's? 

Edited by Let's Ride

I can't believe it, not everyone waved at me this morning. I though runners always waved at runners? 

Maybe they were in the (pain) zone? It's been a while.

What does this font mean!?

Eh...nevermind.

Yea Im also missing what you trying to say.

I run with my buff around my neck for incase I get withing 3m of someone else. This never happened during my run so my buff never cover my face.

Yea Im also missing what you trying to say.

I run with my buff around my neck for incase I get withing 3m of someone else. This never happened during my run so my buff never cover my face.

Really guys, I didn’t actually phone the police. I feel stupid for having to say this.

I read that in a C3P0 voice..... I am so confused!

Really guys, I didn’t actually phone the police. I feel stupid for having to say this.

We have a self appointment hoofseun in our suburb with cctv cameras pointing to the road.

He phoned the cops on someone who was mowing the law on his sidewalk.

A lady got arrested (stuffed in the back of a police bakkie) in her boomed of road because someone in the road phoned the cops because she was outside her property.

So yea you do get assholes like that

Why not. They were breaking the bloody law!

Edited by Trance Dance

Tested out our face mask on the treadmill this afternoon, actually survived without too much stress...

It definitely hinders you a bit and my heart rate was probably up about 10 beats more than usual, but it's surprisingly doable...

I still think a buff or chido is probably enough, but sad that most people from the sounds of it today, didn't even try to wear anything over their mouths.

Hope we don't just go straight back to level 5 in a few days time