ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you train in stability shoes. I am a serial over pronator and used to roll my ankles often. But after starting using Asics Gt 2000 about 15 years back i dont have issues anymore. When its time to replace shoes i just walk into any store and get that years model. I dont bother looking at other shoes anymore.

I've been running in them for 6 years now.... But I feel like I need a change.. Gonna give Brookes adrenaline a bash

Sub 14min , that's seriously fast even for a pro Triathlete

It is. Seriously fast, but not without precedent: Alistair Brownlee's 28:32 at the Stanford 10 000 in 2013 is equivalent to a 13:41 5k. Alex Yee of GB ran 13:29 at the 2019 London Anniversary Games in 2019. And Hayden Wilde of NZ ran a 13:47 track 5k in Feb this year. I suspect that quite a few of the top ITU triathletes can run close to sub 14 in an even paced track race. Great to see him up there too, as Richard Murray relies on a good run so he needs to be that fast to stay competitive. Keen to see what time he ran...

Richard can run a sub 30 10k after a bike leg, he is a seriously good runner. It was sad to see him taking some heat from local runners and so called experts on Twitter yesterday.

Stupid question: Do “race shoes” really make a difference to time?

Asking for a friend [emoji16]

yup, you can hold your pace a little longer. I find them beneficial not just for races but also speed work sessions

Sub 14 5k, ma se kinders that is quick.

Richard can run a sub 30 10k after a bike leg, he is a seriously good runner. It was sad to see him taking some heat from local runners and so called experts on Twitter yesterday.

This is what really gets to me. Haters will always hate. 

Yea if you want to criticise you should first post your own personal best time on a 5km. Pretty sure there would not be many critics left.

They can definitely question it, doesn't make them haters. There aren't a lot of local runners that can do that on the road at the moment.

RD has the potential to run that fast, but if you are going to claim a PB it better be legit. If you do a race that's advertised as a 10k and you get the end and your garmin along with majority says 9.7km and you get a 90 sec PB do you claim it? Same the other way round, it ends up being 10.3km and you miss your PB by 5 sec, do subtract and say you got a PB? 

He posted it on SM without any context at all, and said the video would drop in week - it maybe absolutely legit and that would be great. Nevertheless an improvement should be acknowledged and look forward to him doing it in a race. 

Do you consider Kipchoge's WR or the Ineos run his PB? 

They can definitely question it, doesn't make them haters. There aren't a lot of local runners that can do that on the road at the moment.

RD has the potential to run that fast, but if you are going to claim a PB it better be legit. If you do a race that's advertised as a 10k and you get the end and your garmin along with majority says 9.7km and you get a 90 sec PB do you claim it? Same the other way round, it ends up being 10.3km and you miss your PB by 5 sec, do subtract and say you got a PB?

He posted it on SM without any context at all, and said the video would drop in week - it maybe absolutely legit and that would be great. Nevertheless an improvement should be acknowledged and look forward to him doing it in a race.

A “Well done, would love to see some stats” would have been an appropriate response. But calling it BS because according to you a triathlete in lockdown is not capable of such times is just uncalled for.

If it's a race and a measured 10km course then you absolutely take the PB

Do you train in stability shoes.  I am a serial over pronator and used to roll my ankles often.  But after starting using Asics Gt 2000 about 15 years back i dont have issues anymore.  When its time to replace shoes i just walk into any store and get that years model.  I dont bother looking at other shoes anymore.

No. Please enlighten me!! I definitely think I over pronate. I run in a pair of Adidas trail running shoes. I know zero about running shoes.

I started running in December I've rolled the same ankle about 5 times now. It's really getting to me. Lungs are fine. Legs are now fine. It's just that same god damned ankle. I super suck at running but i actually enjoy it.

I bought a proper ankle brace on the weekend. Not the glorified sock one. One of those lace up boys. I'm gonna go for a 5k flat run tomorrow morning and see how we go.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It all comes back to is it a legit run or not. If it is he has been clever and now got a whole bunch more people chomping at the bit to watch it now.

But there are lots of "records" that are not worth the paper they are written on, had a friend run a 5km one way downhill wind behind and claim a pb. I laughed a little and still think his previous much slower PB stands

I hope it is legit, keen to see the video now.

It all comes back to is it a legit run or not. If it is he has been clever and now got a whole bunch more people chomping at the bit to watch it now.

But there are lots of "records" that are not worth the paper they are written on, had a friend run a 5km one way downhill wind behind and claim a pb. I laughed a little and still think his previous much slower PB stands

I hope it is legit, keen to see the video now.

RM ran a 5km run split in 14:12 before. Thats some serious running on tired legs. Cant see why he cant go sub 14.

As for PBs. 5k is 5k. If I can run a PB down a mineshaft its going on Strava????

If it's a race and a measured 10km course then you absolutely take the PB

If it's a measured course. 

Loads of people claim PB's on unmeasured courses or assisted courses and if we are talking elite/semi elite then it matters. 

It probably doesn't matter to Karen doing her PB at the local schools fun run. 

If it's a measured course.

Loads of people claim PB's on unmeasured courses or assisted courses and if we are talking elite/semi elite then it matters.

It probably doesn't matter to Karen doing her PB at the local schools fun run.

I claimed my 5km pb on a non race..i.e just myself running. But it was round the track... So I put in my 12.5 laps