ScottCM

I am happy to report back that my operation was a success.

It is now just over 4 weeks and I am back home ( 7 nights in hospital and 3 weeks with my parents), walk just over 3km yesterday.  

Recovery will take some time but so far so good.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jakob Ingergritsen ran a 4:50 for the 2000m last night breaking Steve Cram's European record

Jakob Ingergritsen ran a 4:50 for the 2000m last night breaking Steve Cram's European record

This kid is a savage, thats mental

Thats a good 1km pace for me 

Thats a good 1km pace for me

Nevermind the world record is 4:44:79 by Hicham El Guerrouj

I done the 45km. I knew it was going to be tough, just didn’t know it was going to be that tough [emoji23]. Just before lockdown I ran a comfortable 3:28 at the Hemel en Aarde marathon which was quite a hilly route. I eventually collapsed at my garden gate today in 4:29 [emoji23]. Lockdown has made a big difference in my fitness.

Did the 21.1km. Cut 14 minutes of my PB. Clearly garden running did me good.

Have you looked at the results? Finding it a bit hard to believe the 90km results. If they are correct, then hats off to the leading lady

There were a million people on the roads this morning, I haven't seen so many Comrades caps since... well Comrades. 

I didn't follow any of the build-up but it was very cool to see people actually had race no's. A nice touch.

I had a little bit of fomo I won't lie.

Raining today and spent the whole day so far on the couch watching tv

Sadly it was not streaming comrades

Don’t think I have missed a comrades on tv since the 1980’s when I was doing national service

Will go out just now and shuffle a few km pretending it’s comrades

I did the Versus Socks virtual 5Km run yesterday lunch time, and slept in today. Instead of running today, I did some Zwifting, and set a new eFTP (Intervals.icu) in the process.

Well done to everyone who took part! Absolutely awesome that so many took on the challenge, and for each person the challenge is so very different. Just good getting people out there running.

Some absolutely incredible laughable times being uploaded. Clearly many were entered for a longer distance and then ran a shorter distance and didn't update their entry. One particular chap has a Strava time 1hr longer than his submitted time.

Another thing is that many have clearly paused their watches many many times during their run for drinks breaks etc and yet they still have the audacity to submit their moving times instead of their elapsed times. Poor form. Or maybe lack of understanding?

Upload your total elapsed times! Comrades is 12 hours and stopping your watch at every water table doesn't change that.

This mainly relates to folk just submitting a manual time rather than uploading their gpx file. There are people whose actual total event time (elapsed) are 30min or in some cases much longer than that, more than the times they submit. I know the event is for fun but please don't go claiming PBs etc.