ScottCM

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 3’s or flyknits in Johannesburg?

My current pair of flyknits are nearing the end of their life and I’m having no luck finding another pair at the Nike Factory store, sweat shop or sportsmans warehouse.

Edited by GrantMcD1

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 3’s or flyknits in Johannesburg?

My current pair of flyknits are nearing the end of their life and I’m having no luck finding another pair at the Nike Factory store, sweat shop or sportsmans warehouse.

New Fly 3 just arrived in country, not seen in stores yet, they available online https://www.nike.com/za/t/zoom-fly-3-running-shoe-9SdJdh/AT8240-006

Hi All,

Seeing a lot of mention of some shoes being good up to a certain distance.  I currently run with Saucony Kinvaro's and love them, will stick to the same brand+model once they are spent.  I don't often run more than 20-30km but may look at increasing that in the next few months.

What would be the limitations on my choice of shoe for this, what would I look for in a shoe for longer distances?  Or is this a personal thing as mentioned like choice of saddle?

After approx 20 pairs of running with the GT 1000 series I have became a bit disillusioned with Asics.

For me the 1000-8 was a disaster due to Asics changing / removing some shock absorption tech from the shoe or something. The 1000-9 uppers are quite thin and I already have holes in the uppers with not even 400 km on.

(I did contact Asics SA about it. They took a pair in but never came back to me, so I guess it is time for a brand switch.)

So where to next - Pegasus 37?

Peg37s are massively durable, no question - Ive put lots of miles in the Peg32,33,34 and 35. I get 700 to 1000km, and the uppers still look almost new ons some.

Ive decided to change to a 3 shoe rotation since, but have not settled on a particular brand. I do hill intervals and trackwork every week, I go through +/- 3 pairs a year.

I am trying a pair of Saucony Kinvaras, they are holding up well. (Note: they have a 4mm drop, careful when converting). Saucony trail shoes feel fantastic, but the uppers tear like wet paper. ???? durability.

Ive also put 500km on a pair of Hoka Cliftons. I loved them, but I got the impression the soles firmed up a bit after 250km or so, giving me less joy. The upper is holding up well.

Ive also done a lot of hard trail kms on a pair of Brooks trail shoes, which impress me still.

On my wish list: still want to try NB Feul Cell Propel for weekend miles, and the NB Beacon V2 for easy days.

Saucony trail shoes feel fantastic, but the uppers tear like wet paper. durability.

I have basicly made my mind up on the Peregrine's as my next pair since NB has decided it's a great idea to discontinue the Summit KOM.  Now you had to throw that spanner in...  :unsure:

It was between Peregrine and the Cascadia's, but the material of the Cascadia upper had me worried as I can see a lot of itchy grass go in there, but you say you rate them higher than the Peregrine? 

Edited by Jackes

Brooks has released a new trail shoe too - Catamount, if you want something a bit less than the Cascadia. They look like the typically thin and sleek road upper, on top of some soft looking cushion with small baby lugs. So if you're running fast flat surface most of the time...

I have basicly made my mind up on the Peregrine's as my next pair since NB has decided it's a great idea to discontinue the Summit KOM.  Now you had to throw that spanner in...  :unsure:

It was between Peregrine and the Cascadia's, but the material of the Cascadia upper had me worried as I can see a lot of itchy grass go in there, but you say you rate them higher than the Peregrine? 

I've done about 200km on my Peregrine's and they are also wearing through on the upper mesh already, hoping they hold out to at least 600.  Fantastic shoe otherwise.

If you're looking a for a stability shoe that offer the same weight and responsiveness as a neutral shoe, have a look at the HOKA Arahi 4. 

Well worth the exercise to fit one and experience the difference! 

Feedback always welcome :)

I just can't bond with my Arahi 4's - they are super comfortable for about 5 or so km but then the pressure on the inside of my arch starts and by the time I have hit 10km I have blood blisters.  I initially thought that it was just a new shoe and my feet would toughen up but 350km's later and I still get blisters - and it's not a rubbing blister where the skin comes off but a pressure one so it must be the arch support I guess.  I ran for 5 years with various models of Puma Faas, but it looks like Puma SA is moving more towards Sneakers and Leisure shoes as opposed to Athletic shoes so I thought I would try the Arahis.  Not sure what to try next I'm afraid.

I have basicly made my mind up on the Peregrine's as my next pair since NB has decided it's a great idea to discontinue the Summit KOM. Now you had to throw that spanner in... :unsure:

I had the Xodus, and it tore along the toe protector on both sides before 200km. I thought the tecnical trails I ran (Hout Bay challenge and Table Mountain) killed it, but then 3 of my mates had the same issue on different Saucony trail shoes - one pair was Perigrines.

It is a shame because the Xodus is such an awesome shoe - best grip ever, and a comfy ride.

My Brooks Mazamas does not have the same level of grip, but they are superbly durable. Mazama is a light fast shoe, but based on how well they held, I would go for the Catamounts.

Edited by Christie

I have basicly made my mind up on the Peregrine's as my next pair since NB has decided it's a great idea to discontinue the Summit KOM. Now you had to throw that spanner in... :unsure:

If you like New Balance, try the Hierro 5s. I tried the summit koms and the hierros, found the latter a far better fit. Been very happy with them, in their 10th month and no issues. For me, a heavy runner, who runs the most technical trails, 10 months is exceptional.

I see London Marathon is now the worlds most elite parkrun...

theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/06/london-marathon-becomes-elite-only-race-running-laps-st-james-park 

I thought it was just me.

They run fantastically, but the hole in my upper appeared out of nowhere, before 300km. Was wondering whether it was worth it to contact them about it. I won't bother then.

Two previous iterations of Brooks Ghost served me well, will go back to them.

Your post made me check the Ghosts out today, and I walked out the shop with a pair of black Ghost 13s.

Felt good in the shop, tomorrow I'll give them a 10k and see how it goes.

Time to retire the Asics (Gel Flux 4). 2200kms according to Strava.

In the Peregrine 10s at the moment, great shoe. My first time back in Peregrine since the 4 and a welcome return since I have ran in the Hierro, Salomon SLab Sense Ultra, Nike Wildhorse 5 and Speedgoat 4 - none of which worked for my feet. The peregrine just works, low stack, great traction and just feels quick.

Courtney Dauwalter has started her 500 mile run of The Colorado Trail.

Trying to beat the best known time of 8 days, 30 mins.

183 miles done, 53 hours

I see London Marathon is now the worlds most elite parkrun...

theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/06/london-marathon-becomes-elite-only-race-running-laps-st-james-park

In terms of tv coverage it won't be that different to any other big major Marathon race where all one really sees are the leaders anyway. Will be interesting to see how the runners approach this. Will they be inspired to run super hard? Without the hype of the crowds etc what will happen?

Of course there will be the usual appearance fees and bonuses so that plays a role.