ScottCM

google bots are telling me to enter the virtual cape town marathon, so i had a looksee

it works on an app, you need to sync it with your smart device and do your own physical course starting anytime from 6-10am on oct 18th. clearly there's an honesty system but i see people doing downwind/downhill courses here

but check this one on tiered entry fees.

SA runner - R180

African - R220

Int - R300

That is a joke

To be honest I just can’t see myself running with earphones and my phone. Could still run with my phone but the thought of listening to anything while running is what bugs me. Have worked out a route that should be challenging enough to keep me interested but don’t know if I care enough to actually enter.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok please don't laugh. I just did my fastest 5k. 33 minutes. I know it's pathetic but I'm stoked. I have just 1 running goal.

To do a Park Run in under 30 minutes.

You not alone man,

Same here...

My Saucony Xodus Iso2, just when the tear started. It tore on the other side, too, and on both shoes. It tore further to about 4cm. Like I said, I know 3 people who had the same problem. Great shoes otherwise - perhpas they have changed the materials on newer models.

post-154-0-10158600-1597172388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christie

google bots are telling me to enter the virtual cape town marathon, so i had a looksee

it works on an app, you need to sync it with your smart device and do your own physical course starting anytime from 6-10am on oct 18th. clearly there's an honesty system but i see people doing downwind/downhill courses here

but check this one on tiered entry fees.

SA runner - R180

African - R220

Int - R300

That is a joke

I paid $50 for the Boston virtual... And that was only open to actual Boston entries (includes a shirt medal and goodie bag).... But...SA races are much cheaper...I paid €50 for an actual marathon in November with a t shirt

Don't see much point in paying for a virtual event. The reason I pay an entry fee is to run against others and experience the event atmosphere.

As far as cheating goes it'll no doubt happen. Saw numerous examples with the Comrades virtual event. Some in error no doubt but others just cheating.

Slight deviation off topic but I always laugh when I see the initial pace displayed on people's Strava activities and it seems impressive. But after clicking on view analysis and look at the actual elapsed time and pace and the truth comes out.

I entered the Boston virtual because it gave me something to work towards... And they've lost out on their main fundraiser for the city for the year. It's equivalent to millions and millions of dollars lost... Figured I would give a little bit back

Ok please don't laugh. I just did my fastest 5k. 33 minutes. I know it's pathetic but I'm stoked. I have just 1 running goal.

A pb is a pb no matter what the time.. It shows you're progressing. Well done

I see the ​​Saucony Endorphin Pro has landed.

(R4,250.00 at a retailer in Pta)

I was hoping they would be a bit cheaper, especially the speed with is going for 3.5k. In the US the Speeds are $160 which is around R2800 even with our wonderful exchange rate.

I was hoping they would be a bit cheaper, especially the speed with is going for 3.5k. In the US the Speeds are $160 which is around R2800 even with our wonderful exchange rate.

add shipping, vat and duties.

That is fantastic and a really good starting point.

If you do parkrun or a 5km TT every second week (for now) you will break 30  minutes in  no time.

get yourself a rabbit to chase and you will take a few mins off as well, PB's alone are tough.

That is fantastic and a really good starting point.

If you do parkrun or a 5km TT every second week (for now) you will break 30  minutes in  no time.

Shot man. We're doing 2*5k runs during the week and then a slightly longer 8k on weekends.

On another note I started surfing (kneelo) again after years out of the water. Ballie can still wiggle the foam. I'm watching the charts and the surf predictions like a 12 year old grom again.

post-83454-0-72631700-1597218408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Shot man. We're doing 2*5k runs during the week and then a slightly longer 8k on weekends.

On another note I started surfing (kneelo) again after years out of the water. Ballie can still wiggle the foam. I'm watching the charts and the surf predictions like a 12 year old grom again.

attachicon.gif116647071_10158939208479789_7981774705016547259_o.jpg

If you want a rabbit to chase, give me a shout. I can pace you to a sub 30 with pleasure

We can then go and get swimmers ear together at heaving dunes afterwards!