ScottCM

Yip I saw it was a stability/neutral. Will test them out this evening they feel very light  

How did the new shoes go?

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone doing Karkloof 100/50?

See an announcement has been made about the route and times.

I wish I had the tom... I'm in serious mile crunching shape at the moment but I can't afford to fork out 7 or 8 grand for the whole ordeal.

I will be attempting an on foor in under 24 hour everest and doing a 100 miler around Table Mountain instead in September

Don't know anymore. The curfew 'forced rest' makes it quite a different event. Not sure if its better or worse, but feeling a little meh about it right now.

Don't know anymore. The curfew 'forced rest' makes it quite a different event. Not sure if its better or worse, but feeling a little meh about it right now.

Wait.... Do you have to stop and wait out the 'curfew' between 22:00 and 05:00?!

hahahaha then it just becomes 2 long runs? Or a stage race?

That is lame

Wait.... Do you have to stop and wait out the 'curfew' between 22:00 and 05:00?!

hahahaha then it just becomes 2 long runs? Or a stage race?

That is lame

Ja, its basically a stage race.

For Andrew and the KZNTR team I'm stoked it's happening, but yeah nah.

For Andrew and the KZNTR team I'm stoked it's happening, but yeah nah.

They're a great bunch so it is indeed great they got an event out, I'm sure it took a ton of planning in the background so I hope they get decent turnout.

The problem with always being chronically undertrained is you don't want a few hours of sleep time to let the aches and pains and work-in-progress-injuries really bake in. So I'm not thrilled about that. I'm usually happy to klap it in one go and then be properly broken afterwards. 

The other problem is we long ago had planned (and mostly booked) a week holiday after this event. So going down without running now will feel a bit like a fraud...  :whistling:

Dunno, we'll see. 

SURELY..they can get govt concession to not have a curfew for a small select running event... If not that's just pathetic on the authorities

I entered last week, been secretly putting in a few training blocks since lock down, not going in with any expectations or pressure, hoping to test out some stomach issue tactics and get a good long run in. 

I was disappointed by the forced sleep, because that is a strength for me, but now it also means one can push hard late in day one, and then again day 2 on rested legs.

If the govt drops curfew they will revert to an 8pm start and non stop race, so we can hold thumbs it gets relaxed. I also questioned if it is all on private property then it is surely legal anyway but the issue is if they need to get medics out.

The 4 x marathon format will be interesting, I think there will be only a few who make all 4 in one day, I certainly won't be pushing for that, but if Sunday morning is just one last marathon or even better a little 21km I will be happy. Cut off at 19:00 to start the last lap/1/2 lap means you need to really put in an effort earlier than later to try get onto that 4th lap.

On the shoe front I took a risk and broke in a pair of Nike pegasus 36 trail shoes on sunday with a 48km trot. Very very impressed so far, I will definitely do the first few marathons at karkloof in them.

Got a little package in the post today... All ready for my run in 2 weeks time

cdfb308e41f579c741b3d090b6624ea0.jpg

Saw it on your social media. It looks really cool.. 

SURELY..they can get govt concession to not have a curfew for a small select running event... If not that's just pathetic on the authorities

Exactly.

Doesn't really have the same appeal to me. Of course it's the distance and an event but just not he same.