ScottCM

the reality is they are all tough and the weather there will hammer you. Apart from all the bogs and swamps and midges in between. What an epic adventure he must have had.

Friend of mine is a lecturer at glasgow university and he goes trail running. Reckons on any one day throughout the year you will be sweating one second and freezing and in sleet and snow the next. While in the middle you're falking waist deep into a bog or getting eaten alive in summer.. so yeah. Exactly that!

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone here follows Naomi Brand and Xavier on whatever social media, they have been running around the Munros too, pics and videos are cool, but looks tough. And cold. And wet...

If anyone here follows Naomi Brand and Xavier on whatever social media, they have been running around the Munros too, pics and videos are cool, but looks tough. And cold. And wet...

And that's summer......

68397044_10162160764115503_2611261732814

^^^^^^^^^^

Middle of summer, coming of Kintail, we got sunburnt paddling that afternoon and close to freezing paddling when the sun set at 9pm that night

That being said if I could live in the Scottish Highlands I wouldn't think twice.

Has/is anyone ever used the Inov-8 Parkclaw 240/275 shoes? I'm keen to get a pair wanted to hear users thoughts.

Cheers

I've just switched on in time to see the prize giving at the Prague 21km.

The guys winner 58:38, which is only 30 secs off the world record.

The ladies winner ran 1:05:34, which as far as I can tell is a min slower than the record, but she has a big cardboard thing at her feet saying new WR with her time. Strange. Must be under a different catagory or something.

Either way those are super blitz times from both.

Also, I need to find replays of the hour runs from (must have been) last night. Looks like fireworks out of there too

Also, I need to find replays of the hour runs from (must have been) last night. Looks like fireworks out of there too

Was last night..mo farah only managed to put an extra 45m on gabrselassie's 13 year old record.. Just shows how amazing a runner he was. I'm sure Kamworor would crush it though

Trish Eksteen, lady from Durbs, just set the womans world record for consecutive half marathons run - 75 halfs in 75 days!

Looks like shes aiming for 100.

and each one under 2 hours, averaging between 1h44 and 1h48 each day. Been epic to keep an eye on, watching how she ended up heavily taped up at one stage and has managed to run through it and is looking strong again.

Heard whisperings and then heard that KZN Athletics have a draft 2021 calendar with Comrades 2021 being on 26 September. (It's a draft calendar so still needs to go through ASA and KZNA for final approval but that date looking quite likely).

Very interesting if true. Suppose Comrades want certainty it can take place but we'll wait and see as there is no official statement from them yet.

Does leave space in the calendar for a new Marathon or ultra in July/August as the traditional races are in the same dates as the past largely.

Weather most likely a big factor that time of year. Makes training easier if living in the Northern Hemisphere that's for sure. Possibly some improved results from the Northern Hemisphere based athletes being more weather adjusted.

Edited by b-rad

Heard whisperings and then heard that KZN Athletics have a draft 2021 calendar with Comrades 2021 being on 26 September. (It's a draft calendar so still needs to go through ASA and KZNA for final approval but that date looking quite likely).

Very interesting if true. Suppose Comrades want certainty it can take place but we'll wait and see as there is no official statement from them yet.

Does leave space in the calendar for a new Marathon or ultra in July/August as the traditional races are in the same dates as the past largely.

Weather most likely a big factor that time of year. Makes training easier if living in the Northern Hemisphere that's for sure. Possibly some improved results from the Northern Hemisphere based athletes being more weather adjusted.

Very interesting. I suppose if its true and goes ahead, all the Ultras will prob move up their dates closer to Comrades. 

Would be interesting, will kill the CPT Marathon unless this potentially moves to the July slot as an early qualifier

Would be interesting, will kill the CPT Marathon unless this potentially moves to the July slot as an early qualifier

When they decided to align Cape Town marathon with the international calendar by moving it to October I decided that last year was the last one I had run. I personally don’t see what the hype is about it, have always enjoyed Winelands more than that. However if an earlier date for it does materialize I would probably do it. Heck I’ll probably do any race you offer me now. If Comrades Does go ahead in September it would probably have consequences for the Washie though. Which would be a shame as I had decided that the time was right for me to start thinking of attempting one.

Very interesting. I suppose if its true and goes ahead, all the Ultras will prob move up their dates closer to Comrades.

Perhaps in other provinces but there doesn't seem any change to the dates in the provisional KZN calendar.