ScottCM

Attempted a new 10km PB on Tuesday

At 97kg a sub 40min was never going to happen. I am built for rugby not running.

I aimed for a more realistic 42min.

I started too fast as I got swept up with the sub 40min guys and girls.

What was a massive surprise was how low my HR was. I felt great the entire time but did have a massive gorilla jump on my back at 7 km. I managed to get off for the last km.

Amazing how much fun one can have with similar minded friends. Haven't had this much fun running without an actual paid for race.

20b2b9c6be0e53bf98b351215a9a08f5.jpg

Decent! Well done

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Attempted a new 10km PB on Tuesday

At 97kg a sub 40min was never going to happen. I am built for rugby not running.

I aimed for a more realistic 42min.

I started too fast as I got swept up with the sub 40min guys and girls.

What was a massive surprise was how low my HR was. I felt great the entire time but did have a massive gorilla jump on my back at 7 km. I managed to get off for the last km.

Amazing how much fun one can have with similar minded friends. Haven't had this much fun running without an actual paid for race.

20b2b9c6be0e53bf98b351215a9a08f5.jpg

Great run.

From that low heart rate sure you van push faster.

Got it working just fine. Only way I'll get onto a dreadmill... but at least, now the training program is forcing me to run slower than I would have outside. Which is always a good thing! 

Anyone have any experience with the below supplier and treadmill?

https://www.mifitnes...admill-trx4500/

I have tried the cheaper treadmills from the likes and game and makro and not interested in going that route.

Sportsmanwarehouse seems impossible to get the Nordic’s they advertise.

Any other suggestions for the 20-25K budget?

I bought a DKN Roadrunner from them 8 years ago and I've had great service from them.

❄️ cold outside, snowing on the left and sun on the right.... to run or not to run outside is the question

[emoji3587] cold outside, snowing on the left and sun on the right.... to run or not to run outside is the question

Go for a run , just make sure you stick to the right [emoji12]

Do you know where can I advertise to sell running shoes? I finally accepted that my knees are shot. Shoes are Hoka Arahi 4 with less than 15km done.

Do you know where can I advertise to sell running shoes? I finally accepted that my knees are shot. Shoes are Hoka Arahi 4 with less than 15km done.

Sorry to hear, if I may why are your knees shot?

I’m sure you could post an ad in the classified section, not sure how many runners will see it tho, if the price is right you should find a buyer just by putting it in this thread.... word of mouth by other readers

Diagnose with osteoporosis in my knees. Tried several different shoes but struggling to do R3k.

I am open to offers on the shoes

Just a thought ... from somebody with bust knees.

You may still want to walk to the cafe .... well, you may want to once the meds kick in and you feel better.

Then you will need the best tekkies possible .... to absorb the bumps, to protect your knees.

I live in my New Balance tekkies.

Best wishes on this journey

Diagnose with osteoporosis in my knees. Tried several different shoes but struggling to do R3k.

If you can't sell them and can afford to give them away, maybe find a running shop or club to donate them to. They often give them to chaps who can't afford much. You know then they'll find a good home for many millions of kms.

Edit; and sorry about your bad knees situation. ????

Edited by Chris_

Sorry to hear

Maybe its an opportunity to get into another form of milder weight bearing exercise...cycling isn't the best for osteo so I've heard.

Sorry to hear

Maybe its an opportunity to get into another form of milder weight bearing exercise...cycling isn't the best for osteo so I've heard.

His Doc will have the relevamt data to advise properly.

With my arthritis my doc recommends swimming, then road cycling ..... gravel grinding with a grimace on her face .... single track and jumps are a no no ....

The impact of jumps is an obvious no no ....

Standing on the pedals for longer single track sections works the knees ....

Had a good ride this morning .... TurboFreeze and warm bean bags on both knees tonight .... small price to pay to stay active.

His Doc will have the relevamt data to advise properly.

With my arthritis my doc recommends swimming, then road cycling ..... gravel grinding with a grimace on her face .... single track and jumps are a no no ....

The impact of jumps is an obvious no no ....

Standing on the pedals for longer single track sections works the knees ....

Had a good ride this morning .... TurboFreeze and warm bean bags on both knees tonight .... small price to pay to stay active.

My mother always used to warn me (she was a nursing sister) "All that running is going to catch up to one day when you suffer with arthritis..."

I have a few little aches n pains but touch wood nothing like you or Zatec describe