ScottCM

I did some hill sprints this morning, maxed out at 3:10 a km. Which granted was uphill but I still thought was a pretty hectic speed. My short legs and heart agreed.

I've just now worked out, that a huge amount of pro marathon runners not once during an entire 42kms run as slowly as my absolute max from today. 3:10 avg is 'only' a 2h13 marathon.

It's absolutely mind-bogglingly staggering.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro v pace is unreal

Our group is doing a little challenge. We're recording a mile and then doing a follow up mile in 6 weeks time. I'm far from my mile pb at the moment but was happy enough with my 5:40.i will be happy to get it down to 5:20

Pro v pace is unreal

Our group is doing a little challenge. We're recording a mile and then doing a follow up mile in 6 weeks time. I'm far from my mile pb at the moment but was happy enough with my 5:40.i will be happy to get it down to 5:20

I once ran in an official street mile race, being an endurance athlete it was a hectic 5 or so minutes.

Unfortunately that was still in the days of hand written training logs and simple running watches with only a timer....so i have no record of of the event.

I once ran in an official street mile race, being an endurance athlete it was a hectic 5 or so minutes.

Unfortunately that was still in the days of hand written training logs and simple running watches with only a timer....so i have no record of of the event.

The days of written training logs and a stop watch were today ago for me! hahahaha

The days of written training logs and a stop watch were today ago for me! hahahaha

I still have some xerox copy training logs from 19voetsek somewhere in my filing system

No, i have no idea why...

My running problem is that I can't run around where we live. Currently too much ice on the roads in the morning. Very slippery.

Need to try running during my lunch break or straight after work.

My running problem is that I can't run around where we live. Currently too much ice on the roads in the morning. Very slippery.

Ha ha... We went running on Thursday morning and slipped and slid all over the road. This morning I ran in our local woods and around the golf course

My wife is frustrated with the ice situation currently and still going out, I just hope she doesn’t fall.

A friend in the UK slipped and fell due to ice this week and cut her face open. [emoji51]

Maybe as per Stretch, stick to grass or dirt paths.

First 10k since my mid-Nov MTB crash yesterday afternoon. It was on a treadmill to ease the pressure - but it's done! I am happy. And feeling fine today.

Jaaa, maybe I was excessively cautious with the knee. But no need to push and re-injure, esp having had Attakwas looming - which is now no longer the case.

Hello folks,

What are your thoughts on Kalenji shoes, sold by Decathlon?

I have had a pair of Adidas Solar Glide's since early 2019.

I've done x3 marathons and x2 half-marathons, plus all of my training in them, and they are getting tired.

Looking to get a shoe for 5-25km distances, mostly training. Road.

Once I am ready for my next marathon I will consider another pair of Adidas, but right now I just can't justify that amount of money for a shoe that will primarily be used for training.

That being said, if Kalenji has a good long-distance shoe, I am open to that. I am not too worried about the brand and image, but rather fit and affordability. Thanks!

Hello folks,

What are your thoughts on Kalenji shoes, sold by Decathlon?

I have had a pair of Adidas Solar Glide's since early 2019.

I've done x3 marathons and x2 half-marathons, plus all of my training in them, and they are getting tired.

Looking to get a shoe for 5-25km distances, mostly training. Road.

Once I am ready for my next marathon I will consider another pair of Adidas, but right now I just can't justify that amount of money for a shoe that will primarily be used for training.

That being said, if Kalenji has a good long-distance shoe, I am open to that. I am not too worried about the brand and image, but rather fit and affordability. Thanks!

On that type of budget I would rather buy Mr. Price Sport's Maxed shoes

also maybe worth checking out sportsman's warehouse, plenty of shoes on special, some good bargains

This reminds me of the day(s) I was running on chappies. Taking myself very seriously. 3k shoes coz I have an overpronation issue. GPS watch to measure all my metrics. Oakley sunnies to protect my eyes.

And a dude comes rolling past in a pair of Converse All star. The Hightops.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I did my first 10k yesterday since getting Shingles in October. We ran from HB to Noordhoek. I bribed my step daughter with a coffee and ice-cream to come pick us up.

I felt pretty good. That road NEVER EVER get's old. I've ridden ridden in the Alps, Dolomites and on Mallorca so I can say with a fair amount of authority that it is a truly special piece of road. 

I did my first 10k yesterday since getting Shingles in October. We ran from HB to Noordhoek. I bribed my step daughter with a coffee and ice-cream to come pick us up.

I felt pretty good. That road NEVER EVER get's old. I've ridden ridden in the Alps, Dolomites and on Mallorca so I can say with a fair amount of authority that it is a truly special piece of road. 

One thing about running it is that you have a whole lot more time to 'smell the roses' and really look at the views.

One of my favourite road runs is from Farmers Market to the Shell and back.

I'm glad you're back on your feet running post shingles. Keep it gradual and keep up the stoke!