ScottCM

I'm glad you're back on your feet running post shingles. Keep it gradual and keep up the stoke!

I know it sounds lame. Shingles. Pft. But it was so so painful. My skin is still sensitive in some areas.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds lame. Shingles. Pft. But it was so so painful. My skin is still sensitive in some areas.

No... Shingles are serious. That's why I say don't over do it.

Shingles are like kidney stones.... They seem lame until you've had them. Then you know

No... Shingles are serious. That's why I say don't over do it.

Shingles are like kidney stones.... They seem lame until you've had them. Then you know

The worst was putting on a wetsuit with a hoodie. Fingers on a chalkboard * 10. When we were at SA's my bird dragged me out for a 5k run. That and the shingles and freezing water with a wetsuit and the weskus. It was.... Challenging. Edited by Duane_Bosch

The worst was putting on a wetsuit with a hoodie. Fingers on a chalkboard * 10. When we were at SA's my bird dragged me out for a 5k run. That and the shingles and freezing water with a wetsuit and the weskus. It was.... Challenging.

Shingles on your head?

Apparently it’s one of the more painful spots on your body

The scary thing is, my Dr told me if you get it once there is a good chance you will get it again....

Shingles on your head?

Apparently it’s one of the more painful spots on your body

The scary thing is, my Dr told me if you get it once there is a good chance you will get it again....

On my neck and into my hairline behind my ear. Not fun

Do you know how or why you got?

Just stress and being run down I guess. 2020 was a rough year.

*Edit. Shingles is basically the adult version of the chickenpox virus. You have to have had chickenpox as a child to get shingles. Technically it is contagious but you have to touch the popped blisters with an open wound which is unlikely and the infected person will get chickenpox not shingles.

It manifests as little blisters and then scabs (much like chickenpox). Generally it happens on one side of the body on your chest/under arm area. It can happen on your face and can cause permanent eye damage if it gets there. In my case it was on my neck and up into my hair behind my ears. Initially I thought it was an insect bite.

It's unbelievably painful. It feels like someone is putting a cigarette out on your skin.

It's caused by stress and/or having a compromised immune system.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Just a heads up...........For those that were inquiring about the runn treadmill sensor, Xciter sports are now selling locally.

I got a mate to bring me one from the US and it really works like a charm.

I use mine on zwift and it works perfectly. What`s great is that everyone in the household can use it and not have to recalibrate for each person.  

Sounds awesome. I had to replace my HR strap and got a Ticker-X 2, which also transmits running dynamics. For the first time I can now run on Zwift as well. But like you said, it's not family friendly.

Just a heads up...........For those that were inquiring about the runn treadmill sensor, Xciter sports are now selling locally.

I got a mate to bring me one from the US and it really works like a charm.

I use mine on zwift and it works perfectly. What`s great is that everyone in the household can use it and not have to recalibrate for each person.  

Wow! Awesome. And price looks great - R1600!

Order placed :) been waiting to get this birthday present since middle of last year!

Edited by ridr

Order placed :) been waiting to get this birthday present since middle of last year!

That is a good price, I might seriously consider it!

Let us know how it goes for you once you receive it. :thumbup:

That is a very good price.  

also maybe worth checking out sportsman's warehouse, plenty of shoes on special, some good bargains

And at the same time check out the prices at Poobie Naidoos on their online shop or give them a call. Their regular prices are almost always cheaper than the Sportsmans special prices.

Thanks for the input on the Kalenji shoes.

I have looked at the Mr Price Sport range and they just feel really cheap.

The Kalenji's I picked up were lighter than my Adidas Solarglide's!

I will see if they still have my size in stock at Decathlon come month end, and get a pair.

Hi hubbers, I have my eye on a running vest/pack from Inov-8 but need some help.

I'm looking at the Inov-8 Ultra Pro 2in1 vest and was wondering if anyone has some experience with it? I've watched all of the videos and read all of the reviews but none of them really go into detail of the "main pack". All of them focus on the extendable pocket.

Is the "main pack" without the extended pocket a usable vest? Is the back only a mesh or is it also a usable pocket. I know it's small but will I be able to carry a rain jacket and some other small pieces of kit with me?

TIA!

Hi hubbers, I have my eye on a running vest/pack from Inov-8 but need some help.

I'm looking at the Inov-8 Ultra Pro 2in1 vest and was wondering if anyone has some experience with it? I've watched all of the videos and read all of the reviews but none of them really go into detail of the "main pack". All of them focus on the extendable pocket.

Is the "main pack" without the extended pocket a usable vest? Is the back only a mesh or is it also a usable pocket. I know it's small but will I be able to carry a rain jacket and some other small pieces of kit with me?

TIA!

Check out the description on the following website. Seems they have a fair amount of info on the pack.

www.trailshed.co.za