ScottCM

Has anyone here entered one of the Backyard Ultras

First one is at Van Gaalens in 3 weeks

I'm dying to try one of these types of events. But we're probably going to give Addo a go, and thats a week, two weeks (?) afterwards, so I probably won't do this one. Made a note of the website though.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I am sooo happy! I was out for a short and low and slow run in the mountain just earlier. Knee was a bit of a beach on ascends and felt wobbly on the descends. And now it has a feeling quite like somebody (forcefully, as one does!) inserted a nail behind my knee cap. But it was soooo good to be out there! Will be on flats/treadmill till the weekend and then try a similar run. I suspect it was only the knee getting the shock of his life by seeing some uphill for the first time in two months! 

Even my socks smiled! 
post-9887-0-73231900-1611771724_thumb.jpg

Oh man, I am sooo happy! I was out for a short and low and slow run in the mountain just earlier. Knee was a bit of a beach on ascends and felt wobbly on the descends. And now it has a feeling quite like somebody (forcefully, as one does!) inserted a nail behind my knee cap. But it was soooo good to be out there! Will be on flats/treadmill till the weekend and then try a similar run. I suspect it was only the knee getting the shock of his life by seeing some uphill for the first time in two months!

Even my socks smiled!

143034035_10158560980922479_2100565930761474830_n.jpg

Wow, looks so cool,missing the trail runs. Look after that knee. Don't be like me and think it's not as bad, and just continue running. Lol.

Fellow Runners...something funnish to put in your calendar - more for the northern hemisphere people I guess.

19th June - a group of us here are planning to run 26.2 miles in 24 hours - so basically 1 mile every hour, with the first two being 2 miles. A little target to work towards inspired by Beau Miles

Fellow Runners...something funnish to put in your calendar - more for the northern hemisphere people I guess.

19th June - a group of us here are planning to run 26.2 miles in 24 hours - so basically 1 mile every hour, with the first two being 2 miles. A little target to work towards inspired by Beau Miles

Interesting, how are you going to do it, literally 1 per hour or do 6 and take a rest etc?

I love this dude

Howzit guys/gals. I need some advice please. I recently discovered my trail shoes (Salomon Ultra Pro) have started to tear inside the heal cup. I know this isn't an unseen thing with running shoes BUT they only have 351km on them.(My road shoes are sitting at 1500km with no signs of wear)

So I was wondering is it worth it to ask about the warranty? The shoes are less than a year old so still in the Salomon warranty period.Surely shoes marketed as "Ultra shoes" shouldn't start to tear this early?

Any input would be appreciated!

Howzit guys/gals. I need some advice please. I recently discovered my trail shoes (Salomon Ultra Pro) have started to tear inside the heal cup. I know this isn't an unseen thing with running shoes BUT they only have 351km on them.(My road shoes are sitting at 1500km with no signs of wear)

So I was wondering is it worth it to ask about the warranty? The shoes are less than a year old so still in the Salomon warranty period.Surely shoes marketed as "Ultra shoes" shouldn't start to tear this early?

Any input would be appreciated!

I'm sure it's worth raising. Not sure how you find the right person to receive your mail but yes, you could be one of many complaints which gives Salomon reason to think there is actually a problem. If they know of the defect you might even score some new shoes but I wouldn't bank on that, nor the warranty holding up but I've never read one of those properly so that's just a guess.

In other news:

I'm tired of running in the rain.

Ha ha.... We got absolutely drenched today... Icey cold rain.... But strangely enough I rarely actually get caught in the rain here

In other news:

AT 6am this morning it was clear skies and even sunny, very nice out!

Pick your running times to avoid the rain ;)

In other news:

LOL how often does it happen that you have to run in rain

Ha ha.... We got absolutely drenched today... Icey cold rain.... But strangely enough I rarely actually get caught in the rain here

I use the local weather radar to time my runs between the rain, it’s pretty accurate to about 5 or so minutes so very rarely get rained on. We have a treadmill because of the winter weather but I hardly ever use it, prefer to go out in the cold. My wife on the other hand prefers the treadmill to having to get warmly dressed to go outside.... and of course she can then also watch Netflix.....

LOL how often does it happen that you have to run in rain

Ha Its only been a week... ???? I seem to time it very well each day.

Our rain on the other hand is very warm, so it's not going to kill us. Our roads though seem to generate and pool more water than has actually rained. You can't avoid it by running on the pavement - because there is none, and there's just this torrent of flooding across the roads. It's fun for a while, only.