ScottCM

I did!

The Apex is a fantastic option too at a really good price.

I am weighing up a few options on this, especially with 2 x 200 mile races coming up later in the year

Lordy, dude, that's some self-abuse!

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eloff and Frikkie peer pressured me hard..... So it actually took 2 messages from them before I caved.

I do really struggle to say no to people when it comes to doing adventures!

Did it go something like this:

Message1: "Hey, there's this really cool run"

Message2: "You coming?"

Just kidding!  :lol:

Did it go something like this:

Message1: "Hey, there's this really cool run"

Message2: "You coming?"

Just kidding!  :lol:

More like this

'Congratulations Guy, you won the entry! Seeing as you did the 100 miler, should we put you down for the 200 this year?'

'Ah wow, I'm so stoked, thanks so much guys. This is amazing. I'm not sure if I should do the 200 as it's only 6 weeks before the Tusker. I might struggle to recover properly'

'So that's a yes for the 200 then? Here is your checkout code... See you in May'

Is anyone doing the Backyard Ultra at Van Gaalen this weekend?

Signed up last night. First time doing this type of event, I suspect there's a lot to learn. Looking forward to it!

Shoutout to Thesavage.biz

So the time came to replace my trail shoes. I opted for a pair of Altra lone peak 4.5s and the only place that still had stock in my size was Thesavage.biz. So I ordered my pair and ended up getting a message from Morgan. He explained that there was a stock error and that they didn't have my size in any colors. To me this wasn't a big deal and I wasn't expecting much from it, maybe a refund or store credit. BUT Morgan then offered me the BRAND NEW Lone peak 5s at no extra cost. He also made sure that they reached me asap (had them within 24hrs).

Just thought to share my experience with you guys/girls. For a smaller company to still go above and beyond especially in these pressing times needs to be praised. If you need anything for your next adventure I can definitely recommend Thesavage.biz

Big KUDUS to them, thanks again Morgan!

Shoutout to Thesavage.biz

So the time came to replace my trail shoes. I opted for a pair of Altra lone peak 4.5s and the only place that still had stock in my size was Thesavage.biz. So I ordered my pair and ended up getting a message from Morgan. He explained that there was a stock error and that they didn't have my size in any colors. To me this wasn't a big deal and I wasn't expecting much from it, maybe a refund or store credit. BUT Morgan then offered me the BRAND NEW Lone peak 5s at no extra cost. He also made sure that they reached me asap (had them within 24hrs).

Just thought to share my experience with you guys/girls. For a smaller company to still go above and beyond especially in these pressing times needs to be praised. If you need anything for your next adventure I can definitely recommend Thesavage.biz

Big KUDUS to them, thanks again Morgan!

That website is dangerous.....

The deals they have on there clearing last years models are the most tempting thing and if you are in the market for a hydration vest, their specials are unbeatable.

Roger stands  by his brands and his business, so they really do go the extra mile.

Wishing you many happy miles in the Lone Peak 5s.... I don't think there is a better trail shoe out there

Awesome stuff!

I will spectate for a few hours tomorrow.
All the best, guys! 

Signed up last night. First time doing this type of event, I suspect there's a lot to learn. Looking forward to it!

That would take a special kind of stupid.

Ill be there.

Execellent

Im the fat slow guy with the ugly face , hard to miss 

We are ALL that guy at some point in an ultra!

Not many updates happening on the Backyard Ultra

https://www.facebook.com/BackyardUltraSA/?ref=page_internal

Anyone know if it's possible to go check it out on Sunday? (if there's still anyone running at that stage....)

Updates have been super poor. I saw one Instagram post that there were 3 people left at midnight, that's 17 laps. (17 * 7km = ????)

I (only) did 7 laps... Officially 6 because I finished a couple mins after that hour, but I'm counting it ????

It's quick! 7:30 a km for me is a lot to keep up. It got pretty hot by midday but far from unbearable. Ja lap 6 and 7 my stomach decided it didn't want to keep down any food or water so that just kind of simmered out my day.

Cool venue, well organized, super easy trail and probably ideal for this type race, and once again just in awe of how many other people can just continuously crush laps. It's brilliant.

I went there yestrday morning.
I was the chick in the blue t-shirt and plakkies, with another dude also in a blue shirt. 

Well done, guys and girls! I was cooking just standing there.

The event was small and it seemed to lack gees. But hopefully it will gain momentum.

Inspired, I headed to Rietvlei and started a walk. 5km became the 10km route, walk-running, then I hit the red route thinking it would take me back to the river where I was going to chill and have a snack. But it took me up the friggin' mountain instead.

Switched to the hiking route, 100% sure that THAT one went down the hill, found my way to the river, had my snack, then went home.

10km, and I was finished. So I have a lot of work to do to prep for the Backyard Ultra at the end of the year.

But... I haven't decided if I am mad enough for it yet.

I will see after the Strada 12hr MTB endurance event in May.

There was an excel sheet with all the trail runs for the year in this thread last year, but I can't find it.  Can someone perhaps direct me?