ScottCM

Hokas : I am seriously contemplating the Carbon x2 as a replacement for my Zoom Fly 3's.

I have an appointment on Saturday coming with a shoe dude for an assessment. Also high on the list is a set of Saucony's.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone run in Hoka's?

I have been looking at them for ages and always end up going with the old faithful Asics.

Maybe its the clown shoe factor? I love the idea of good cushioning for the longer runs.

Just got a set of Rincon 2's and I've only done about 50km in them so far but they are much lighter, feel a lot more padded and faster than the Saucony's (I've had a few pairs of the Freedom ISOs) that I've been running in for the last 2 years. Granted, the longest run I've done in them is about 12km so I can't comment on how they work for long runs (that said, the longest run I'm planning on doing is a half marathon).

I have been looking at them for ages and always end up going with the old faithful Asics.

Maybe its the clown shoe factor? I love the idea of good cushioning for the longer runs.

I have a few pairs currently, have done a lot of running in them.

Clifton 4's- 3 pairs, with 1 still in circulation, enjoy them for slow recovery runs and long slow runs- the latest pair is doing well so far. ±1100km per pair

Speedgoat 3- really enjoyed, was surprised with them, got good distance and no issues with them retired at 950km

Speedgoat 4- good shoes but fell apart at 300km after wartail so I didn't buy another pair of speedgoats

They are certainly not the fastest shoes(unless you get the carbon X) but they are comfy and plush

Hokas : I am seriously contemplating the Carbon x2 as a replacement for my Zoom Fly 3's.

I have an appointment on Saturday coming with a shoe dude for an assessment. Also high on the list is a set of Saucony's.

Check the Saucony Endorphin Speeds out - I got a pair last week and can already comfortably say they are my favourite shoe in my current rotation, which includes a pair of Zoom Flys, Vaporflys and Pegasus. I'm really hoping they last as they are on the pricey side and I don't see myself not getting another pair when these are retired!

As mentioned by GrantMcD the Saucony Endorphin Speeds are awesome shoes.

Real quality. Not as an everyday shoe though. Rather for speed workouts and faster runs.

As mentioned by GrantMcD the Saucony Endorphin Speeds are awesome shoes.

Real quality. Not as an everyday shoe though. Rather for speed workouts and faster runs.

Hey B-rad, do you have a pair and what sort of distance have they done? I'm finding mine super comfortable and I am tempted to use them on my LSD runs - I'm just not sure what sort of mileage I can expect out of them and don't want to waste them if they only good for a couple 300/400km

Hey B-rad, do you have a pair and what sort of distance have they done? I'm finding mine super comfortable and I am tempted to use them on my LSD runs - I'm just not sure what sort of mileage I can expect out of them and don't want to waste them if they only good for a couple 300/400km

I do. They're on 150km now and still very fresh. But I'm limiting use to speed work and tempo and faster runs rather than general day to day runs. I personally won't use them for a LSD type run really except when they start getting on in mileage. I would think they'll be in great condition still after 600/700km or perhaps even more?

After approx. 17 pairs of Asics they succeeded in their attempts to lose a customer and I switched to Saucony and also grabbed a pair of HOKA OneOne Ahari 4 to see what the hype is about.

Not a lot of k's done on the Hoka's yet (~70Km), but I have noticed one thing, absolutely horrible (slipping) on even slightly wet roads, much more so than the Asics and the Saucony's.

Edited by Pieter-za

I don't know if any of you are in the Linden area but on Tuesday mornings at 6:15am I organise a 5km TT from Yield Coffee Shop. We've got a good bunch of people there but next Tuesday we're holding a kind of mini-race to help a bunch of us gun for our PBs. It'd be really great if some of you speedsters nearby would be open to pacing some of us, or even just flat boxing it yourselves to set the mood? Ferret, any chance you'd be willing to go slow motion for a few km and drag me to a PB?

Looking forward to this tomorrow morning :)

Had a fun morning out. Missed my goal time by 35 seconds but gave what I had on the day. Was inspiring watching ridr go out at what I initially thought was a pace he'd pay for when he got to the hilly km in the middle but he stuck it the whole way and ran a 17:17. When you see other people doing it, it gives you a bit of confidence that it's possible to get quicker. Was good to meet you, man!

Had a fun morning out. Missed my goal time by 35 seconds but gave what I had on the day. Was inspiring watching ridr go out at what I initially thought was a pace he'd pay for when he got to the hilly km in the middle but he stuck it the whole way and ran a 17:17. When you see other people doing it, it gives you a bit of confidence that it's possible to get quicker. Was good to meet you, man!

GREAT stuff  :clap:

Good to meet you too :) Thanks for organising this. What a great idea!

:eek:

Edited by Chris_