ScottCM

She is "only" 45 seconds away from a Tokyo qualify time on the 5k, which she ran in Pretoria.

A couple of months more training and then do the race at Durban, she has a real chance of qualifying.

But I do think winning at Tokyo is unlikely this year. However, we are in the middle of a pandemic. So one or two race-favourites get quarantined with Covid and boom, she is in with a shot if she is there.

I like your optimism but I don't think she stands any chance of winning or getting anywhere close to the medals. I actually think even qualifying is a very long shot despite having until the end of June to qualify. Her time today puts her way down in 51st on times this year for the 5000m. Sub 15min is more around the time to be anywhere near the top.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oregon University has a newly rebuilt Hayward Field athletics stadium. What a setup. I suppose it helps when one of the regular donors to Oregon is Nike founder, Phil Knight. Knight has donated over $1billion to Oregon university over the years. The new Hayward Field is said to have cost over $270 million and Knight was a lead funder.

Nicole Louw from SA is on the Oregon Cross country team.

https://youtu.be/JDlYbkV_8aY

Great episode on joquain cruz and the 800m

My boi Nijel, look at him on that all time list. 

Dammit but 800m is a beautiful event.

Crazy fast. Pure speed or perhaps a little more going on?

yeah..its difficult to say in 1984. He didn't have the greatest form either. I mean you compare his form to Rudisha and its like night and day. I find it alarming I did not know of him though despite him winning the gold in LA, but then all our magazines etc back then were from GB so we had the Ovett/Coe story rammed down out throats.

My boi Nijel, look at him on that all time list. 

Dammit but 800m is a beautiful event.

its my favourite. I would say the hardest track and field event. There is no time for strategy - you have to make a split decision within the first 200m (thats 25seconds you have to respond!) and before you know it you are at the bell and the nerves are still fluttering but suddenly you have to start accelerating

8 12.5 second 100m sprints in a row is the current record

its my favourite. I would say the hardest track and field event. There is no time for strategy - you have to make a split decision within the first 200m (thats 25seconds you have to respond!) and before you know it you are at the bell and the nerves are still fluttering but suddenly you have to start accelerating

8 12.5 second 100m sprints in a row is the current record

You ever ran the 400m hurdles? That is surely a competitor to that title, at least in terms of pain. 

Morning!

I managed to win a voucher which I can use at an Adidas Concept Store.

I need some new kicks, so it is perfect timing.

Any recommendations?

I have toned done my road running a lot, doing 5km with the odd 10km, but I would like to do a marathon this year.

I only use one pair of shoes for running and training, so would look at something better for higher mileages.

I have been running in a pair of Supernova’s since 2018, and I haven’t had any issues.

I’m also looking for something trail-orientated. I love the AX range, but I think they are more a hiking shoe?

Price range... from R1000 to R2500 per pair.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

For 5 and 10k distances, the Adidas road options to look at would be the SL20 and Boston. Both are light, fast neutral shoes, the SL20 is the firmer of the two. It sounds like the Boston would be one for you to consider.

Eliud Kipchoge cruising on his way to a win at the NN Mission Marathon in Enschede in the Netherlands. All alone from about 10ks to go.

Eliud Kipchoge takes the win. Makes it look so so easy. 2:04:30

Jonathan Korir 2nd in 2:06:40

Goitom Kifle 3rd 2:08:00

Eliud Kipchoge takes the win. Makes it look so so easy. 2:04:30

Jonathan Korir 2nd in 2:06:40

Goitom Kifle 3rd 2:08:00

2:04 is like a training run for him. He needed that win for his confidence.. Not that his confidence needs much!

Got a brand new pair of Asic Gel Quantum 360 Knit in size 11 UK if anybody wants to take them off my hands.

Will let them go for R1200, which is less than half of retail...

Just sitting with far too many shoes, and far too little running  :ph34r:

post-3544-0-27891400-1618759676_thumb.jpg

Hahaha indeed it is. We rolled over the entry from last year. Bodies fine, as usual I'll be going in with the 'rather undertrained than injured' philosophy... But ja, really looking forward to a nice long outing in the berg. I had a pretty pitiful-attempt DNF in 2019 so it would be nice to do this one a decent go.

Race week, how are the nerves holding up? When are you travelling down?

Race week, how are the nerves holding up? When are you travelling down?

Overthinking everything! Packed, unpacked, repacked all the kit. Many a spreadsheet with every possible variation of time split and cut-off needed - which of course I won't stick to for a minute on the day... Hip flexor suddenly hurting, right calf too! hahaha

Getting a late start down tomorrow, will stay over in HiIton. Then across to the berg Thurs.

Weather looking chilly and a maybe little wet on Fri, but really good on Sat. Can't wait.