ScottCM

On the running theme, my Treadmil at home needs a new running deck (blame Zwift!) - It's a semi-commercial one because it's part of the business, so it can be replaced.  The Agents haven't been too helpful - no stock etc etc.

From what I understand there are people in SA who manufacture Running Decks, but I can't seem to find a contact person.

Anyone here perhaps know someone who could help?

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the running theme, my Treadmil at home needs a new running deck (blame Zwift!) - It's a semi-commercial one because it's part of the business, so it can be replaced. The Agents haven't been too helpful - no stock etc etc.

From what I understand there are people in SA who manufacture Running Decks, but I can't seem to find a contact person.

I've had to replace mine. Top quality ply cut to the same size and then painted with gloss varnish achieves the same thing at a fraction of the cost

On the running theme, my Treadmil at home needs a new running deck (blame Zwift!) - It's a semi-commercial one because it's part of the business, so it can be replaced.  The Agents haven't been too helpful - no stock etc etc.

My treadmill needs some love. About 1600km over the last 12 months and over 8 years old. Replacing the belt and re-using the running deck - mine can be turned over. Check if you can just turn yours over? Also finally welding back the elevation arm attachment that sheared off the treadmill frame a year ago.

I'll PM you details of a company that can probably help out with repairs...

I realise its nowhere near as impressive as some of the feats featured by some of you, but I am sort of proud of it.

This weekend I took on one of the more technical and hilly trail runs in my area and managed to win the FKT for the run.

I have been on a structured running plan overseen by a coach as I get ready for my first ultra in October, so it was good to get some sort of external validation of progress.

I am a little less nervous than before.

Do any of you guys use trail shoes that are suitable for road running, solely on the road and where the odd grass stretch or 'off-road' stretch appears? I wanna know if the sole would last for the same duration as proper road shoes.

I realise its nowhere near as impressive as some of the feats featured by some of you, but I am sort of proud of it.

This weekend I took on one of the more technical and hilly trail runs in my area and managed to win the FKT for the run.

I have been on a structured running plan overseen by a coach as I get ready for my first ultra in October, so it was good to get some sort of external validation of progress.

I am a little less nervous than before.

That is 99% of the ultra done... You are obviously being consistent with your training and now, add being 'relaxed' to that and it will just be a case of 'how long' on race day, not 'if'...

Is that somewhere around Rotorua? I spent a fair bit of time around North Island 10 years ago while I was there for the RWC. There are some amazing places to ride and run there!

Do any of you guys use trail shoes that are suitable for road running, solely on the road and where the odd grass stretch or 'off-road' stretch appears? I wanna know if the sole would last for the same duration as proper road shoes.

Low lug shoes will be fine, but the bigger rubber lugged shoes will wear quickly.

You would be wise to find a pair with a softer than usual Mid sole, like the Nike variants. The Brooks Peregrine might work well too.

Trail shoes do often have a less responsive 'harder' midsole which can be quite harsh on extended periods of tar.

Well, my 2c anyway

Low lug shoes will be fine, but the bigger rubber lugged shoes will wear quickly.

You would be wise to find a pair with a softer than usual Mid sole, like the Nike variants. The Brooks Peregrine might work well too.

Trail shoes do often have a less responsive 'harder' midsole which can be quite harsh on extended periods of tar.

Well, my 2c anyway

Well, my 2c anyway

Thanks Jewbacca

I saw the Pegasus Trail 2 going for R1610 (normally around R2200), so I grabbed it. I think it will do perfectly. I appreciate your input,

Thanks Jewbacca

I saw the Pegasus Trail 2 going for R1610 (normally around R2200), so I grabbed it. I think it will do perfectly. I appreciate your input,

The Pegasus Trail was the exact shoe I was thinking of, so I reckon it will work nicely.

Nike has been having some awesome specials recently if you can find the right size. I spoiled my missus with some trail shoes and some angry fit/lifter shoes (she is a hardcore member of said cult) for the same monies as 1 pair of shoes normally. It was a score!

I had a pair of Inov8s in between shoes. Meant for park runs and the like. I think it was called the park claw? It was nice and soft and I loved them, but they wore out faster than expected. Edited by PhilipV

I had a pair of Inov8s in between shoes. Meant for park runs and the like. I think it was called the park claw? It was nice and soft and I loved them, but they wore out faster than expected

Thanks for your input Philip. I have always been a Nike fan, so that's the brand I always opt for.

The Pegasus Trail was the exact shoe I was thinking of, so I reckon it will work nicely.

Nike has been having some awesome specials recently if you can find the right size. I spoiled my missus with some trail shoes and some angry fit/lifter shoes (she is a hardcore member of said cult) for the same monies as 1 pair of shoes normally. It was a score!

LOL

To be fair this is half the reason to join said cult. You feel like a proper boss in lifters. You did well.

To be fair this is half the reason to join said cult. You feel like a proper boss in lifters. You did well.

.. I had to google what lifters were ????

(I do all my training outside)

That is 99% of the ultra done... You are obviously being consistent with your training and now, add being 'relaxed' to that and it will just be a case of 'how long' on race day, not 'if'...

Is that somewhere around Rotorua? I spent a fair bit of time around North Island 10 years ago while I was there for the RWC. There are some amazing places to ride and run there!

Actually its pretty close to Rotorua. I was on the fence about 2 different events. One in Rotorua and one in Taupo.

The Taupo one is taking place in October and the Rotorua one in February. I will likely do both.

That part of the country is gorgeous. There is something truly magical about running/biking through the redwoods forest.

Actually its pretty close to Rotorua. I was on the fence about 2 different events. One in Rotorua and one in Taupo.

The Taupo one is taking place in October and the Rotorua one in February. I will likely do both.

That part of the country is gorgeous. There is something truly magical about running/biking through the redwoods forest.

Another one for your list, if you want some different scenery, was this past weekend on the south island at Hokitika (http://siultra.co.nz/Home/ ), 24km, 54km and 100km.

We have family friends who moved to NZ ages ago, the old man is a serious beast - he's done virtually every one of those multi-day stage races around the world in the most incredible locations, and always out in front. I heard he did this the other day so it came to mind.