ScottCM

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Chris_ said:

I love this dual commentary. It's reminding me how much I'm missing watching comrades 

Absolutely. It's worse when you know you are not going to run that special race ever again.

Edited by Lexx

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Absolutely. It's worse when you know you are not going to run that special race ever again.

I know how you feel lexx... Although different circumstances...I don't see myself running it again either. I'm just glad I got to experience 3 very special runs

2 hours ago, Stretch said:

I know how you feel lexx... Although different circumstances...I don't see myself running it again either. I'm just glad I got to experience 3 very special runs

How did you fare against the latest Boston quali times? They were mega quick. 

(it was you that qualified last year right?) 

2 hours ago, Chris_ said:

I see I still qualify for 2022 as they are allowing times since 1 September 2019 and I ran my last marathon in the October

Hey guys.

So glad to have provided some entertainment.

I had a bit of a whoopsie at roughly 80km which meant the plans changed a bit and I had to dig really really deep to keep ticking the leg over.

I will feet up today to get the swelling down and then off to see someone about the extent of the damage. 

I'm still processing what happened, but WOW! If you are ever in search of an ultra (46km, 50 and 100 miler) the FRESH team put on an amazing amazing production.

Thank you for the support. It is invaluable when you are out there for so long!

12 hours ago, Chris_ said:

The cutoff to qualify for this years Boston was the quickest ever. One had to be 7min47 (and faster) than the qualifying standard time. With the reduced field of 20000 it was inevitable. 

3 hours ago, b-rad said:

The cutoff to qualify for this years Boston was the quickest ever. One had to be 7min47 (and faster) than the qualifying standard time. With the reduced field of 20000 it was inevitable. 

it will be the same for 2022 I reckon...doubt I will qualify. Still deciding if it is worth it. Might just be easier to enter a European marathon

32 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

obviously it's not taken that seriously!

marathon world record - 2:01:39 - 2:57min/km

50km record - 2:42:07 - 3:15min/km

turns out an american broke it last year - https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/u-s-marathoner-breaks-50k-world-record/

Ja I mean they went through the marathon 15 mins slower than the above. So its not really a selection of the worlds finest finest.

But.. if theres a record to take, payday to make, may as well.

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

turns out an american broke it last year - https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/u-s-marathoner-breaks-50k-world-record/

Quite right. There's lots of potential with the 50k. 

It just needs the right financial incentive for athletes. The event yesterday and plans for upcoming events will definitely see a lot of interest from top marathoners.  

17 hours ago, Shebeen said:

There's also this 50km record from last month - not sure why this one doesn't count?

https://www.cbssports.com/olympics/news/desiree-linden-breaks-womens-50k-world-record-by-over-seven-minutes/