ScottCM

3 hours ago, Wayne Potgieter said:

Any tips for a pinch callous under the big toe?

Like this pic...no, these are not my toes (this person needs to cut their toe nails)

blog_hallux_pinch_callus_2.png

I also suffer from big toe carbunkles.

Best thing you can do is cut off the dead skin with a razor blade and then religiously rub your feet with a pumice stone.

The trick to having 'blister free' (if there is such a thing) feet is to eradicate any calluses and keep the feet lubed (and dry).

The old 'hard feet happy miles' theory from the military has been debunked. You want soft, happy feet that don't rub in odd places. If you start getting blisters below 27 layers of dead skin they are way more difficult to deal with that those on the surface.

Pumice stone and moisturiser.....

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jewbacca said:

OK... Here goes

Cheers @Jewbacca, really enjoyed this writeup. Well done on the result. And FWIW, NoFX's "So long and thanks for all the shoes" is still one of my go-to running soundtracks. That or Baba O'Riley on repeat. 

33 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Cheers @Jewbacca, really enjoyed this writeup. Well done on the result. And FWIW, NoFX's "So long and thanks for all the shoes" is still one of my go-to running soundtracks. That or Baba O'Riley on repeat. 

ha! NOFX gets me harder than adamantium claws. 

I'm not usually a music while I run person but Fat Mike's wailing definitely helped restore my 'gees' 

Punk is life. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/news/a36671146/british-runner-breaks-backyard-ultra-world-record/

On 6/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, Jewbacca said:

ha! NOFX gets me harder than adamantium claws. 

I'm not usually a music while I run person but Fat Mike's wailing definitely helped restore my 'gees' 

Punk is life. 

Pennywise - Killing Time has always had a kicker effect on me, ever since those surf movies it was always used in as a kid.

What really makes these races is the human factor and what it takes to get to that finish, its difficult for most people to even comprehend the type of darkness you need to beat in your mind to get there.

You sir are a legend, well done on an incredible achievement. 

1 minute ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Pennywise - Killing Time has always had a kicker effect on me, ever since those surf movies it was always used in as a kid.

What really makes these races is the human factor and what it takes to get to that finish, its difficult for most people to even comprehend the type of darkness you need to beat in your mind to get there.

You sir are a legend, well done on an incredible achievement. 

Bro, 'About Time' Is the album in that playlist that got me to the end! 

I highly advocate getting out there and doing rad stuff. I'm no 'motivational influencer' who is going to tell you that 'life h appens outside your comfort zone' and a whole lot of other terrible cliches, but seriously, doing rad, sometimes uncomfortable things is epic.

This run was helluva uncomfortable at times! hahahaha

This thread has been quiet, is the winter (Southern hemisphere guys) getting to everyone? 

19 minutes ago, ScottC-M said:

This thread has been quiet, is the winter (Southern hemisphere guys) getting to everyone? 

Went for a quick one on chappies yesterday arvo. Juuuuust sneaked a hole in the rain. It was epic. Wet roads. Amazing smells. And big  corduroy lines coming in on the ocean. Then we took the new pooch for a walk and ran a few hundred meters with him. As soon as he's 6 months old he's going to join us. I think the neighbor is secretly feeding him Red Bull so we need to use up some of that energy.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

9 hours ago, Stretch said:

cant find the appropriate spot to put this on the new forum...but I love this dude. His videos always give me reason to think about things

Watched it yesterday, always enjoy his content.

52 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Watched it yesterday, always enjoy his content.

yup. We doing a 24 hour marathon on the 3rd July inspired by him...except we are not doing a tasks between the hourly miles but having a drink instead :D

Hey Guys, has anyone tried the asics gel-cumulus 23 ? I have always run with the asics gel nimbus and inners but I see the cumulus is on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse and it appears to be the same shoe just slightly cheaper and a bit softer ?