ScottCM

First time in history 3 ladies in the top 10,and none were American haha. 

Also, 9 ladies in the top 20. They sure came to play in 2021!

Emily Hawgood, flying the Zim flag high in 17th.

Jim's such a class act, everyone around him was crumbling and this dude just cruises. He's been doing a lot of cycling so I'm looking forward to reading through his training in the lead up 

Edited by Chris_

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chaps. Can anyone recommend a good sports massage therapist in the Johannesburg South area?

I typically go to Sports Science in CT but I’m in Joburg for a couple weeks for work. 

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

I see Mo Farah didnt qualify for the olympics...i didnt expect him to podium...but I thought he would at least be able to qualify

Looking at this angle, Froomies whoes make a lot more sense

4 hours ago, Chris_ said:

Speaking of tusker, @Jewbacca I see they've moved it out a few months. That must be a bit of a relief after MacMac?

Also, is the knee 100% again?

Yeah... It's been moved out to early October. I reckon that is not a bad outcome as the weather over the next 2 weeks is supposed to be quite cold, wet and wild in that part of the world. October offers longer days and less swimming. 

The knee is at about 80%. The tendon tears are healing and I'm tentatively hitting the local mountains 2 or 3 times a week just being mindful of the pain and how stiff it gets afterwards.

Once it is hundreds I'm going to attempt a 'fast' 13 peaks and try to get in around 17 or 18 hours. The physio reckons 2 weeks of being mindful and I should be able to start putting in some proper miles again with the 13 peaks last week of July.

That should give me another 100km ish jog end of August and 6 weeks to taper off for Tusker!

46 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Yeah... It's been moved out to early October. I reckon that is not a bad outcome as the weather over the next 2 weeks is supposed to be quite cold, wet and wild in that part of the world. October offers longer days and less swimming. 

The knee is at about 80%. The tendon tears are healing and I'm tentatively hitting the local mountains 2 or 3 times a week just being mindful of the pain and how stiff it gets afterwards.

Once it is hundreds I'm going to attempt a 'fast' 13 peaks and try to get in around 17 or 18 hours. The physio reckons 2 weeks of being mindful and I should be able to start putting in some proper miles again with the 13 peaks last week of July.

That should give me another 100km ish jog end of August and 6 weeks to taper off for Tusker!

Thats the way to do it.  Just with some patience and dont over do it. When I had my knee op, some years back I was walking around the next day. LOL

No one in the world has ever deserved a WR than Karsten Warholm

Look how quickly he catches the guy in the outside lane!

His first 50 and final 50 meter manic-kick is my favourite thing in athletics.

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

No one in the world has ever deserved a WR than Karsten Warholm

Look how quickly he catches the guy in the outside lane!

His first 50 and final 50 meter manic-kick is my favourite thing in athletics.

What?! I never knew the 400m hurdles record is only 3.7s slower than the normal 400.

The increased pain of the hurdles is severe. 

so spent the weekend doing the Marathon in 24 hours this weekend. While it pales in comparison to the things that jewbacca does it is certainly a difficult type of event and a LOT harder than I imagined. The biggest issue is that your muscles warm up and then cool down every hour, and instead of keeping moving, you run for 8 minutes and then hang around for 50 minutes. as a result this is the stiffest my legs have ever been -  even worse than comrades.

we basically did 3.2 miles to start a 5am, and then did a mile every hour on the hour till 4am.

We threw in some 26.2 themed challenges along the way, like 26.2 one bounce touches, 26.2 pushups and 26.2 pullups. also threw in a fry up and a braai in the middle of it (quite interesting lighting a fire and cooking and then eating with a run in the middle). All went ok until about 11pm when we needed to put on the headlamps and the hours of 11pm to 4am were painful. We basically did our run...got drenched in sweat in 8 minutes because of the humidity and then went and lay down boiling hot for 30 minutes got 10 minutes sleep and rinsed and repeated!

All in all a good challenge...next one...a mile in each of the 32 counties of Ireland in 32 hours....but we will need a designated driver for that!...maybe next summer..once we have forgotten about the hurt for this one!

@Hacc While listening to the current podcast playing in my car, the woman talks about suffering from nausea while running and it made me wonder if you ever got to the root cause of your issue?

After reading Stretch's post it made me think, what is everybody up to? some did the virtual comrades thing, but whom has what goals for the year etc etc? I think we could all do with a bit of upliftment currently. 

Was supposed to run Rhodes run on the weekend, but that didn't happen. Generally little depro and very angry with the number of idiots around. It is not hard, follow the rules try not spread the disease and the restrictions will ease and we can get back to life. 

Been doing a lot of manual labor on the farm in the evenings and weekends and without lifting a single weight in the form of training I have gained about 5kg but and feeling leaner than ever. Managed a 1 arm push up for the first time in years the other day so fitness wise am enjoying good natural general fitness. FarmFIT definitely works a treat. 20 reps of hitting a tire with a hammer in an angryfit box is one thing. Driving 50 Y-standards into the ground in a day is a totally different ball game. Enjoying feeling strong again and not just in flimsy running form, running has definitely not liked the extra weight though.

Goals are now just fun runs and hikes with the mrs till we vaccinated. Actually nervous of tough training sessions and big runs. If you catch covid and it coincides with the few days after an ultra when your body is drained and under stress, I don't see it ending well.(this coming from a guy who raced himself into pneumonia 2 years ago)