ScottCM

8 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Just got back from a ride over Constantia Nek, went searching for my legs. The amount of empty gel packet litter is unbelievable. if I say +100 it is no exaggeration.

Agree with this, what a mess and a fail by the cleaning team who cleaned the road but nothing on the side of it, the cycle track is a litter bin of runner specific items. Piss poor.😡

PS: I dont think you should bother looking for those legs for a week or so - they earned their rest - incredible run!

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tubed said:

Agree with this, what a mess and a fail by the cleaning team who cleaned the road but nothing on the side of it, the cycle track is a litter bin of runner specific items. Piss poor.😡

Did you or @milky4130 take any pictures? They claim a plastic free race and had a lot of cleaners busy during the event. I think they might send another crew if prompted, weather is good for it now too.

I'm considering a light jog this afternoon, pilates yesterday was not that bad

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Did you or @milky4130 take any pictures? They claim a plastic free race and had a lot of cleaners busy during the event. I think they might send another crew if prompted, weather is good for it now too.

Well done on your run too - looking good for Comrades and then a triathlon/ paddle thingy after that....

The litter is almost all gel wrappers with some bottles and cups, so its the runners who brought the stuff into the race and less the organiser's issued stuff. But it remains their responsibility. I am sure Caroline Hanks would have on speed dial who to contact.

Got the name and number of one of the gents involved with the Constantia Nek waterpoints, they say they will get onto it today.

5 hours ago, Shebeen said:

nah no pics I was chasing daylight and was on my road bike so couldn't even use the off-road trail next to the road. Which tells me there is more I didnt even see.

Not a race report but a report nonetheless

I was hopeful to get into the Ultra at the 11th hour but I'm really not disappointed that I didn't get in. I then opted for what was supposed to be a 60k run but that also didn't happen because of my ITB niggle that flared up around the 30k mark. I then decided on bite-sized chunks to complete my mission. Push through as far as possible, but start with a targeting 34k, then 38k, then 40k, then the full marathon. I survived all of it and felt fresh at the end which meant that I clearly didn't give everything. End result - I ran a new PB and thrashed the previous PB by 17 minutes. Today was the first time I checked the pace graph with a fine toothed comb. I managed to stay consistent most of the way, first HM 1:38:14, second HM 1:38:11. A brand new PB with a negative split, even if it's just by a few seconds. I'll take that any day. Now I look forward to doing high mileage runs as I start my final Comrades prep. There's a club run of 60k in early May, and then I want to do a back to back marathon weekend. The rest will be speed work, and hill repeats. I never thought that I would say this but I am really looking forward to Comrades.