ScottCM

There should not be that much difference between your 21 and 42 pace as both are endure distances. Mines about 4 to 5 min between the two.. That equates to 5 -7 seconds per km over 42

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There should not be that much difference between your 21 and 42 pace as both are endure distances. Mines about 4 to 5 min between the two.. That equates to 5 -7 seconds per km over 42

It might both be endurance, but I will self destruct if I run a 42 anywhere close to 21 pace. Might be mental, but a 21 is short enough to push above your comfort level all the way. Maybe after a few more 42s I’ll get there, but I actually hope not. Sounds like way too much pain.

Again, you're a different beast and you're fit enough to race a marathon... most of us mere mortals just try survive the bloody things  :blush:

21's kind of the limit distance wise for us in racing mode - marathons take on a form of disaster management in reality  :lol:

Gotta love how we all have such different views relative to our abilities - this reminds me of my mate who's got a new baby at home, he's always been fast but I'd noted his runs on Strava all being auto-labelled as night runs and figured he was just getting in his training when the baby goes down at night... only to realise on further scrutiny he's going out at 3am for his morning runs now and doing 20-30kms before 5:30am when kippy here get's going on his 'early morning' runs

Different animals... 

Here on the snail side of the scale ours is:

10 - 5:08/km

21 - 5:40/km

42 - 6:32/km

Well if you are a snail. Then I think I am slower than a crawling injured snail.

Will have to wait and see what I can manage over 42

Edited by Carpet

Ok..I apologise..I grossly miscalculated my 21 Vs 42 pace. There is more like a 8 to 10 min diff... That's 11 to 14 sec per km .... So yes ..I would say aim at 20 sec per km

As a matter of interest the WR diff between both is 7min... That's 10 seconds which is massive in the numbers they talk of

2.46 per km Vs 2.55 per km...ouch!

Ok..I apologise..I grossly miscalculated my 21 Vs 42 pace. There is more like a 8 to 10 min diff... That's 11 to 14 sec per km .... So yes ..I would say aim at 20 sec per km

As a matter of interest the WR diff between both is 7min... That's 10 seconds which is massive in the numbers they talk of

2.46 per km Vs 2.55 per km...ouch!

absolutely ridiculous, I went segment hunting for a 500m segment and barely managed 2:52/km for 500m, never mind 21/42. the okes are incredible

absolutely ridiculous, I went segment hunting for a 500m segment and barely managed 2:52/km for 500m, never mind 21/42. the okes are incredible

Yup..I did that Mile challenge and managed 5:03 for the mile.. That's way slower than that and I was dead after..I could not operate properly for about 30 min after.. Its madness.

When they attempted that sub 2 kipchoge's time equated to 422 17sec hundred metres sprints in a row.. Just let that sink in....

Happy Birthday Hacc

Thank you Lexx, the planned birthday run didn't happen this morning. Will celebrate my birthday at Deloittes tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you Lexx, the planned birthday run didn't happen this morning. Will celebrate my birthday at Deloittes tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Happy birthday and good luck for Deloittes in the morning. Hope everyone doing that race has a great one.