MTO Trails - Jonkershoek (an update on Jonkershoek)

BobbyBehan

(Posting here as there are 1.5 miljoen jonkers threads)

Can Anybody tell me what is the earliest one can go ride Jonkers on a Saturday?

The minister of home affairs has to be there at 7am for something so was thinking she drop me off and I ride while she does her thing..

So don't want sit in the car park like a weirdo waiting for it to open...

7am is fine!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the protests in Jonkershoek?

We had the unpleasant experience of getting turned around at the bottom of Lanzerac last weekend after driving through from Durbanville. Don't want the same to happen this weekend.

Any news on the protests in Jonkershoek?

We had the unpleasant experience of getting turned around at the bottom of Lanzerac last weekend after driving through from Durbanville. Don't want the same to happen this weekend.

I would also like to know - was quite miffed when I rocked up there Sat morning getting the news. Ended up riding Helderberg then.

Was quiet all week (we live near HS Stellenbosch so get regular updates on activities through the neighbourhood watch).  Unfortunately it seems that they always pick weekends to protest...

The protest action last weekend turned very violent, and a family up in the valley lost their house and all their belongings when it was petrol-bombed...so having to turn around is a relatively minor inconvenience!

Just a heads up that Ride Inn is also closed at the moment (until 4 August I think). 

Was quiet all week (we live near HS Stellenbosch so get regular updates on activities through the neighbourhood watch).  Unfortunately it seems that they always pick weekends to protest...

The protest action last weekend turned very violent, and a family up in the valley lost their house and all their belongings when it was petrol-bombed...so having to turn around is a relatively minor inconvenience!

Just a heads up that Ride Inn is also closed at the moment (until 4 August I think). 

Which community is protesting?

Eish. That's not lekker at all. I hope they are okay.

I went to go ride Boschendal instead, which turned out to be a great call. totally scenic and they have new section of trail that's loads of fun, think its called the Bull and Chicken or something like that. Very nice.

Eish. That's not lekker at all. I hope they are okay.

I went to go ride Boschendal instead, which turned out to be a great call. totally scenic and they have new section of trail that's loads of fun, think its called the Bull and Chicken or something like that. Very nice.

The Gods must be crazy is the trail name.

On a side note, anyone knows what's happening with yearly permits? I've been waiting for 6 weeks now for them to print it.

On a side note, anyone knows what's happening with yearly permits? I've been waiting for 6 weeks now for them to print it.

Maybe that's what the protest is about. People upset about not getting their permits. 

Seriously though. I've also been waiting at least a month now.

We went last Sunday after the protests and had a blast in Jonkers, it seems like the protests are mainly on a Saturday. It would be best to call ahead if you plan on travelling to Jonkershoek.

We went last Sunday after the protests and had a blast in Jonkers, it seems like the protests are mainly on a Saturday. It would be best to call ahead if you plan on travelling to Jonkershoek.

Phone who ?

Wanting to go this weekend.

Edited by porqui

Cool, Thanks. Gate open at 8am? I'm keen to go tomorrow but don't want to get in the middle of any protesters.