OMNICO (GT) customer service is pathetic!!!

Robbow

I have had only good things to say about the service I have received from Omnico , I had a crack in my GT ZASKAR ally frame and sent it into Lance, within 2 days of sending it off the warranty was confirmed . Now came the tricky bit , I spoke to lance personally and asked if I was able to pay in a difference and have my warranty frame upgraded to the carbon version ....No Problem was the response , he even sent 2  different size complete bikes to my LBS with carbon frames so i could decide on the one I liked more ( I am border line small/medium ).

So not more than 3 days after that the bikes where returned and i had a brand spanking new team frame in my hands . In my opinion they went over and above anything I would of expected !!! :thumbup:  :clap:  Just to add it seems all the problems are around zaskar 100 frames , it sounds like the issue is a lack of support from the international supplier getting frames for Omnico , so those poor oaks are probably dreading every one that comes in.

Edited by jonoGT

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are too gracious. Your previous post (more than a week ago) suggested you had been waiting 16weeks for your warranty issue to be sorted out.

What Lance did is put out a fire that Omnico started. He did what should have been done 16 weeks (now 17 weeks) ago.

That would not be enough to make be a loyal customer.

It's good that the problem was resolved, it's *** that it took 4 months for them to take you seriously.

Putting a fire out is not good service, it's rectifying bad service!

Credit also needs to be given where appropriate!

If one can complain one must also be able to say thanks!

I am happy that my problem has been sorted and it was done in the time promised by Lance.

I cannot blame him for anything before as I did not deal with him from the start!

From the time I spoke to him everything ran as promised!

So again I am saying, he defn won me over as a customer for life!

• 4 months later...

I have a cannondale road bike and luckily so far no issues except BB bearings replacement which went quickly. Thinking about buying a cannondale Flash this year but very worried about having to deal with omnico around potential problems with the lefty or propriety cannondale components. My worries are mainly because of the amount of negative comments around the omnico service posted here on hub

Edited by Jaco-fiets

No you can't

But if you do the claim through the shop you bought the bike then surely it would be fine? I don't have a clue where the invoices are for my bikes.....

But if you do the claim through the shop you bought the bike then surely it would be fine? I don't have a clue where the invoices are for my bikes.....

The shop then has to go back in there records and provide proof to the supplier

A crappy looking bike is the fastest way to get someone to stop cycling.

If it was all about function over form, we would all ride Giants ;)

Haha, this is a self troll to the max - unless you're a pro!

Most of us stand in awe to the Old vet ballie with his rusty old 26er flying down the trails and the leathery tannie on her creaky old 8 speed road bike passing us on the Argus.

But yes, of course it's about your brand of bike you ride when you faceplant (like me) or lose to someone 20 years your senior (like me)..

Really hope you're a pro :)

The reason there's such a large Spaz / Cannondale sometimes even Satna Cruz haters club is because it's the new mid-life crisis go to purchase..

All great bikes but a massive proportion of these riders look as noob as I feel..

On the contrary I've rarely seen a noob Yeti / Intense / any other high end less well known brand riders on the trails in my "lengthy" 18 months since I started riding.

Edited by cpelser

Haha, this is a self troll to the max - unless you're a pro!

Most of us stand in awe to the Old vet ballie with his rusty old 26er flying down the trails and the leathery tannie on her creaky old 8 speed road bike passing us on the Argus.

But yes, of course it's about your brand of bike you ride when you faceplant (like me) or lose to someone 20 years your senior (like me)..

Really hope you're a pro :)

The reason there's such a large Spaz / Cannondale sometimes even Satna Cruz haters club is because it's the new mid-life crisis go to purchase..

All great bikes but a massive proportion of these riders look as noob as I feel..

On the contrary I've rarely seen a noob Yeti / Intense / any other high end less well known brand riders on the trails in my "lengthy" 18 months since I started riding.

Not a pro, sarcastic maybe, but not s pro ;)