Power meters - Stages vs Vector S

Spirog

I'm sure this has been handled elsewhere, but I got bored while searching...

So, the Receiver of Revenue owes me about 10k.  :clap:

I think I deserve a power meter. I'm sure there is a whole thread on PM vs Wheels and all the other debates, but I'm ready to splash the cash on a PM.

I've done quite a lot of research and based on my needs and budget, I'm happy to have a left side only device. Does anyone have any real-world input for me.

I like the Stages, but am concerned that if I upgrade my bike, I'll need to change PM's if I don't buy Ultegra again.

I like the Garmin, but am concerned about some fitment and durability issues.

All advice gratefully accepted.

Check out power2max. Still have some classic meters on special. While crank so you can take it with you:) Mines been absolutely awesome and seriously well built!

Out of the two choices above, I would go with stages. Pedals are way too exposed for me, and since it's only left side, may as well go crank. Upgrading shouldn't be too much of a worry until you're there. There's always a demand for used power meters too so resale shouldn't be a problem.

Check out power2max. Still have some classic meters on special. While crank so you can take it with you:) Mines been absolutely awesome and seriously well built!

Out of the two choices above, I would go with stages. Pedals are way too exposed for me, and since it's only left side, may as well go crank. Upgrading shouldn't be too much of a worry until you're there. There's always a demand for used power meters too so resale shouldn't be a problem.

What is there price range? Stockists?

What is there price range? Stockists?

Found them on the net. Which version do you have?

Am I correct that there is no Shimano version?

Edited by Spirog