Capricorn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Duplantis now the greatest pole vaulter officially/unofficially after breaking Sergi Bupka's unofficial, originally official, outdoor record.

also Saw a cracking men's 3000m with 2 19yr olds coming in at 1 and 2

Duplantis now the greatest pole vaulter officially/unofficially after breaking Sergi Bupka's unofficial, originally official, outdoor record.

Norrafork. Bubka broke the record something like 32 times. Kid got some way to go

Norrafork. Bubka broke the record something like 32 times. Kid got some way to go

Sure... He was one of a kind... But this kid is still special for sure

Whats the story with World Records not being mentioned anymore, officially?

Have the IAAF decided that past Track and Field World Records are too dodgy and difficult to sanitise, so they will only "Officially" recognise records per season, thus the term "World Lead"?

Whats the story with World Records not being mentioned anymore, officially?

Have the IAAF decided that past Track and Field World Records are too dodgy and difficult to sanitise, so they will only "Officially" recognise records per season, thus the term "World Lead"?

For pole vault they decided there's only one record for indoor and outdoor.. Goodness knows why... He's already vaulted 6:18 indoors but was yet to vault more than 6:14 outdoors which was what bubka vaulted outdoors... Doing that last night he could say that he had bettered the great ukraine officially

• 5 months later...

So either...

These were a massive flop in testing.

Or, they artificially improved times by such a margin that some bog-standard chap would take a second off his time and smoke Bolts record.

post-90313-0-60787700-1614019872_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

South African kiddo, went to St Albans College in Pretoria, now living large at Houston.

Quite unbelievable this run

8 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

South African kiddo, went to St Albans College in Pretoria, now living large at Houston.

Quite unbelievable this run

4 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

He then ran 19.93 in the 200... 

O my!

DesertedAggravatingGermanspaniel-max-1mb.gif

• 1 month later...

Wayde ran a 44.53 to qualify for the Olympics. (He needed to clock 44.90 to qualify) 

Still some way off his supreme best form, but at least he will be there.

Not much time left to improve, so we shouldn't load the expectations too high on him.