Token Wheels

Veebee

Hi.

Tried searching the forum but cannot find much info. Just need some opinions on Token carbon wheels from those using it.

Looking at a set in the classfieds - the C55 carbon, and wondering if it is a good set of wheels to go for??

Been looking at chinese carbon wheels which come in at like 10-12k so I would think these are a much better option to go for ?

http://www.tokencycling.co.za/wheels/arsenal-c55-carbon-clincher-road-racing-tt-wheelset.html

I would rather go for the token wheels rather than chinese imports. Token has ceramic bearings as well as local warantty.

The Token wheels are really top quality. Ive been racing with a set this year and really feel like thay out perform my set of zipp 404s. Comparing the build quality to chinese, you can not get the same from china. Token use better bearings, better spokes and a lot beeter rim build.

ok chinese - Light Bicycle rims out the equation.

Token C55 vs Citec CX6000, similar prices at the moment. which would you go for and why ?

Both are similar in weight so thats not a problem. Citec has 14/16 spoke config which I am a bit concerned about as I am on the heavy side @ 92kg and these have a 100kg limit.

Token is 20/24 spoke config with 110kg limit.

I haven't had the privilege to ride a set yet but the importers were very helpful and forthcoming with information.

I will definitely consider buying a set in future.

We have a number of members in our club that ride with Token (me included - although both of my wheelsets are the 38mm Alu-clinchers).

In the 7-8 years I can't recall anyone having had a problem with them.