Complaint about Rudy Project padding availability

andreas17777

Hello, my inner padding is in pieces on my Rudy Project helmet and now it's a huge search in finding a cycling store that supplies these things. I've been quoted R300 for them now, which I think is ridiculous. I can go buy a new helmet for R 950 on special now. Does anyone know a cycle store who sells these things for a reasonable price in the Western Cape.

Hello, my inner padding is in pieces on my Rudy Project helmet and now it's a huge search in finding a cycling store that supplies these things. I've been quoted R300 for them now, which I think is ridiculous. I can go buy a new helmet for R 950 on special now. Does anyone know a cycle store who sells these things for a reasonable price in the Western Cape.

No

after 18 months of being given the run around to get replacement pads and those idiotic clips on the straps (it's on back order excuse) I bought another helmet.

I for one won't ever again buy any helmet from ASG as you can not find ANY parts for it. 

Unfortunately it is not just ASG. These days I purchase cheap helmets and get a new one when the padding is shot. Just so much less hassle and cheaper.

Hi Guys,

Please mail lizle@asgworld.co.za - she'll sort it in no time.

Can also try on www.rudyproject.co.za

ag

Let us know if you have any success using the ASG email above.  

I had the same issues with the cost of replacements padding a few years ago.   Bridge cycles managed to get them without problems, but I still had to pay a fortune.

I just emailed Lizle from ASG, they responded quickly and came with a solution to the padding. Thanks ASG

What was the solution?

What price would you deem "not ridiculous'? and please ellaborate how you got to that number.

What price would you deem "not ridiculous'? and please ellaborate how you got to that number.

Well asg is having a special for helmets and the one I have is R 950 on their website. I called Chris Willemse cycles and they said the price for padding is R 300. I would deem a price not ridiculous under the R200 mark. Thats just me,  I am a student and have to budget for everything so to pay R300 takes a big chunk out of my "survival" money. With that said, cycling is probably not the best sport to do on a budget, but I love it.

Hi guys,

I glued the padding together for both my Bell and my Rudy helmet last night. The Rudy helmet has hardly been worn. Sad.

Sarge

Well asg is having a special for helmets and the one I have is R 950 on their website. I called Chris Willemse cycles and they said the price for padding is R 300. I would deem a price not ridiculous under the R200 mark. Thats just me,  I am a student and have to budget for everything so to pay R300 takes a big chunk out of my "survival" money. With that said, cycling is probably not the best sport to do on a budget, but I love it.

. Pity you weren't a poor student a couple of months back...there was a thread here about Rudy padding and CEC "came to the rescue" with a set for R200...maybe they could've knocked off R1 back then to get you under the ridiculous level...