Louis Meintjes moves up to 10th overall at La Vuelta

News bot

More than 5,000 meters of climbing within 138 kilometres meant to be the grueling menu for the riders at La Vuelta today. The peloton had to tackle no less than six major climbs on a day that reshuffled the general classification. Our young South African Louis Meintjes kept it cool and rode strong all day. At the end he came home in 17th, just 4.19 minutes short of stage winner Mikel Landa (Astana). Louis sits now 10th in the GC.

Click here to view the article

WOW you go boys. this is brilliant. Louis is going to become the next sort after rider, even if he has signed for our local team. I just hope that he stays in future. if he ever moves I hope that it is for his cycling growth and not for the money.

Louis you go boy. I said top 20 during the rest day I am holding thumbs and toes for a top 10 after yesturday.

WOW you go boys. this is brilliant. Louis is going to become the next sort after rider, even if he has signed for our local team. I just hope that he stays in future. if he ever moves I hope that it is for his cycling growth and not for the money.

Louis you go boy. I said top 20 during the rest day I am holding thumbs and toes for a top 10 after yesturday.

Jip Well done, and sought after already, a bit sad to see him going to Merida.