Cyclists attacked with sjambok

Rocket-Boy

@ewnreporter: #SjambokAttack The SA Navy has not taken any disciplinary steps against the two officers who appeared in court today for alleged assault.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ewnreporter: #SjambokAttack The SA Navy has not taken any disciplinary steps against the two officers who appeared in court today for alleged assault.

Yoh, their employer turns a blind eye, but PPA suspended those cyclists.

Wait WHAT?

What PPA suspension is this?

I mean their employer does nothing. But 2 years ago when cyclist hit the taxi driver they were suspended from riding the "argus" .

So a club has more control over their members or an event over their participants and and employer over their staff

I mean their employer does nothing. But 2 years ago when cyclist hit the taxi driver they were suspended from riding the "argus" .

So a club has more control over their members or an event over their participants and and employer over their staff

Oh ok, came across as if it was about this incident.

Those guys should be suspended.

As should these Navy dudes.

Oh ok, came across as if it was about this incident.

Sorry for the confusion 

Patch - I'm no employment lawyer so I'm just trying to figure out how it work if you are accused of committing a crime when off duty? On what grounds would an employer suspend you before you are actually convicted of a crime.

Say you are falsely accused of a crime (definitely not saying this is the case here), would it be fair for your employer to suspend you for something not work related and not yet proven in a court?

Makes sense to me that the navy would wait for the outcome of the criminal case and not run some sort of parallel disciplinary case of their own.

Patch - I'm no employment lawyer so I'm just trying to figure out how it work if you are accused of committing a crime when off duty? On what grounds would an employer suspend you before you are actually convicted of a crime.

Say you are falsely accused of a crime (definitely not saying this is the case here), would it be fair for your employer to suspend you for something not work related and not yet proven in a court?

Makes sense to me that the navy would wait for the outcome of the criminal case and not run some sort of parallel disciplinary case of their own.

While I was in the "army" we were told that we are property of the state and we can get into **** for stuff we do in "our" time even when not in uniform.

I think the nature of the job together with the nature of the charges would provide for sufficient grounds to question their ability to perform that job in the manner expected. There is also a serious chance of this affecting their employers reputation very seriously (in theory - assuming the SA armed forces had a good reputation).

Suspended with pay pending an investigation is a common step. This can be done when there could be further impact to the employer.

Not sure how it would work in the military.

Not sure why you quoting me? I was merely saying to Joe low to not downplay it as common assult

I thought that was the charge