Croeser contravenes UCI medical rules

News bot

"AmaBhungane has learned that the Spanish authorities in fact discovered two 1mm syringes in Croeser’s luggage and a blood-testing kit, used to analyse the levels of haemoglobin in the blood stream. The blood test kit is not banned."

:eek: 

How do you use insulin syringes to inject sealant?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This appeared to contradict his initial explanation to an official that he used the syringes to fill his bike tyres with sealant to prevent punctures. Asked to explain, he later told amaBhungane that “there are a million and one” possible uses for them. He said he also used them to extract blood for analysis during training.

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha, hubbers were right!

so it wasn't the avoids avids!

Would he have voluntarily withdrawn if it could easily be seen it had been used for mechanical purposes, I doubt it....

I'm not saying or seriously believe that was what the syringe was used for, just mentioning possibilities....

According to the regulations surrounding syringes / needles the whole team could be blocked from riding if a rider does not withdraw...so he probably withdrew to protect his sponsors team and Team SA right to take part.

Ola... ignorance is bliss

Croeser said he is now being unfairly smeared by critics and that he had never used banned substances. He told amaBhungane he did not know of the no-syringe rule before his room was raided.

He said he has carried insulin syringes throughout his cycling career and that he used them to lance his saddle sores, a common ailment among cyclists. 

This appeared to contradict his initial explanation to an official that he used the syringes to fill his bike tyres with sealant to prevent punctures. Asked to explain, he later told amaBhungane that “there are a million and one” possible uses for them. He said he also used them to extract blood for analysis during training.

Ola... ignorance is bliss

Croeser said he is now being unfairly smeared by critics and that he had never used banned substances. He told amaBhungane he did not know of the no-syringe rule before his room was raided.

He said he has carried insulin syringes throughout his cycling career and that he used them to lance his saddle sores, a common ailment among cyclists. 

Wow...only him and a couple of blood tests know what he used them for

One only needs the needle and not the syringe to lance a sore (how ironic that any cyclist wants to Lance anything...). It would not be best instrument anyway.

"Spanish anti-doping authorities raided the cyclist Rourke Croeser’s room two weeks ago, after a tipoff, amaBhungane was told by a number of people with direct knowledge."

​Can not help but wonder who these whistle blowers are - fellow riders who also use needles for a million and one applications ?....

How do you use insulin syringes to inject sealant?

1. take some sealant

2. take a syringe

3. put insulin in syringe

4. put needle in sealant

5. inject insulin in sealant

I dunno why you'd want to, but this is how.

We've said it time and time again it is their responsibility to know what the rules are.

And authorities acting on a tip off means only 1 thing that people are obviously suspicious of him.. which bring us back to his performance in the last world cup which would've helped his UCI ranking whole lot ahead of world's and start position.

He can be bloody glad he did withdraw because had greg not been able to race....he would've received a couple smacks.

And plus.. who the hell keeps syringes. .unless you are diabetic there would be no reason to keep it.. and the excuse that it's for lancing saddles sores ag I am calling BS on that.. when I read that I immediately went.. ag not the old saddle sore excuse again.

One only needs the needle and not the syringe to lance a sore (how ironic that any cyclist wants to Lance anything...). It would not be best instrument anyway.

Then you can sommer test the boil's HCT :whistling:

1. take some sealant

2. take a syringe

3. put insulin in syringe

4. put needle in sealant

5. inject insulin in sealant

I dunno why you'd want to, but this is how.

you missed what I said..... 

I won't even attempt this ever myself! Will it not result in a cist forming?

Now all we need is a pic of his saddle sores. Come on Croeser, we all know that us mtb'ers are not the brightest smarties in the box, but do you honestly believe that we will think that you are THAT naive?

Guest notmyname

We've said it time and time again it is their responsibility to know what the rules are.

And authorities acting on a tip off means only 1 thing that people are obviously suspicious of him.. which bring us back to his performance in the last world cup which would've helped his UCI ranking whole lot ahead of world's and start position.

He can be bloody glad he did withdraw because had greg not been able to race....he would've received a couple smacks.

And plus.. who the hell keeps syringes. .unless you are diabetic there would be no reason to keep it.. and the excuse that it's for lancing saddles sores ag I am calling BS on that.. when I read that I immediately went.. ag not the old saddle sore excuse again.

Maybe he's got a smack problem... check out Keith Richards. He's more machine than the six million dollar man or lance could ever be...