Photo Epic: Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge

News bot

Wow.  Just hope next year that it won't fall on the same day as my son's Spur Schools MTB series races.  Unfortunately we were at the Paul Roos race yesterday, and could not do this awesome race.

Will definitely do this next year... Trying to take K2C seriously (for me) this year, so didn't do a race this weekend. :( looks amazing

Chris always does great shots for the TMBC .. he really captures the true essence...

I ended up going through to this event by myself (Billy No Mates :-) after my brother pulled out, I was thinking to myself on the Friday night, what is the point of spending another R300 on petrol, on top of my entry, This is becoming an expensive ride, on top of having to get up at 4.45.... BEST MOVE EVER was getting out of bed on that Saturday. What an awesome ride, I did the 37km to save some legs for Sunday in Elgin. Next year has to be the longer route, I would rather spend more time on these trails than worry about the next day.

I just wish the land owners and event organisers could try get us at least one more event on the calendar... It was flipping amazing.

Thanks to all concerned, I want to hug you all :thumbup:  :clap:

I am trying to think of a better one day mtb event I had ridden in the last couple of years and still cannot come up with anything, much better than the Argus mtb or die Burger MTB, even those were great events. The goodie bag was better than anything we got in a very long time too. I think is is one of a few genuine mtb events around. I will definitely be back if I am fit enough next year. The 63km is a tough ride and not recommended if you are unfit. Thumbs up to Piket-bo-Berg.