P.A.K.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.79 and 106kg with all those km's of riding? :eek:

Exactly why I don't get it. 

I track my calorie intake daily and i'm always below my goal of (2160 base + 500 exercise) for example. This is during the week on the IDT.

I track my calorie intake daily and i'm always below my goal of (2160 base + 500 exercise) for example. This is during the week on the IDT.

Scrap the cycling, you should be in bodybuilding, no jokes

I'm 51, 1.77m and 81kg. I eat a lot (but proper food and low on carbs), drink loads of beer and only ride on average 40 to 50km a week. I guess genetics plays a big roll

Are you sure your base is correct?

I went from 125kg - 85kg dropping more or less 1kg per week at a base of 1200 calories/day(+-300-1000 calories depending on how much I cycle that day). 

Are you sure your base is correct?

I went from 125kg - 85kg dropping more or less 1kg per week at a base of 1200 calories/day(+-300-1000 calories depending on how much I cycle that day). 

This is what I used.

post-22685-0-83937200-1600247314_thumb.png

I'm 51, 1.77m and 81kg. I eat a lot (but proper food and low on carbs), drink loads of beer and only ride on average 40 to 50km a week. I guess genetics plays a big roll

Is it really necessary to come here and inflict pain upon us now considering a 21 day water-fast....  :D  :D

Scrap the cycling, you should be in bodybuilding, no jokes

I'll pass. I'm not that fond of egg white, chicken breasts, and broccoli. 

I definitely don't want to look like a condom stuffed with walnuts.  

As far as I can tell, that is what you need to stay at a constant weight, not to drop weight. For me personally, 2200-3000 calories was way too much calories to expect weight loss, no matter how much exercise I did.

*Maybe try your base at 1500 calories and see if it triggers a bit of weight loss again?

*Disclaimer: I'm just a stupid engineer, not a doctor, please don't take this as medical advice!

As far as I can tell, that is what you need to stay at a constant weight, not to drop weight. For me personally, 2200-3000 calories was way too much calories to expect weight loss, no matter how much exercise I did.

*Maybe try your base at 1500 calories and see if it triggers a bit of weight loss again?

*Disclaimer: I'm just a stupid engineer, not a doctor, please don't take this as medical advice!

That's what I'm thinking. Will drop my base and keep an eye on it over the next 4 weeks. 

Would be great to drop to at least 99.9 haha. 

Final target is 90kg.

Also, watch out for liquid calories and sugar.

It seems obvious, but a lot of guys don't count drinks in their daily intake.

Dont drink fizzies, juices, or alcohol. Coffee and water only.

Dont drink fizzies, juices, or alcohol. Coffee and water only.

So I'm expecting a miracle if I change the water to wine for 21 days :w00t:  :w00t:  

Age 39 and I'm 1.79m 

Doing an average of 100km on the bike per week. Split between 60km higher intensity on the trails and 40km lower intensity on the IDT.

I dropped down simply by upping my time on the bike. Strava says I'm doing just over 100km per week with around 4hour of riding. Legs grew and waist shrunk. Lost my love handles and actually have a hollow on either side of my shrinking boep.

But I enjoy food to much to change my diet, what I should do is just cut down on the portions (and second helpings) and that should see me drop in the 70's.

I dropped down simply by upping my time on the bike. Strava says I'm doing just over 100km per week with around 4hour of riding. Legs grew and waist shrunk. Lost my love handles and actually have a hollow on either side of my shrinking boep.

But I enjoy food to much to change my diet, what I should do is just cut down on the portions (and second helpings) and that should see me drop in the 70's.

Just an observation - no science to back it up. Lots of roadies seem to amble along a snooze pace for 100km. That in my mind burns very little kJ. When we go for a 25km MTB ride it's like a HIIT session. Not because we are going balls to the wall, but just getting up the steep climbs takes a moer of an effort.

So what I'm saying is, maybe the quality of the km's needs to be looked at, not just the total distance.

Just an observation - no science to back it up. Lots of roadies seem to amble along a snooze pace for 100km. That in my mind burns very little kJ. When we go for a 25km MTB ride it's like a HIIT session. Not because we are going balls to the wall, but just getting up the steep climbs takes a moer of an effort.

So what I'm saying is, maybe the quality of the km's needs to be looked at, not just the total distance.

but you need to mix it up too, you cant have all your ride HIIT or all LSD.

i struggle to do LSD rides, I always find myself going at 80-90%, so generally my commutes during the week are high intensity efforts, and then on a Sunday I try and force myself to ride at under 70%.