Jumpy legs at night.

Spirog

So, I've gradually and consistently improved and increased my training in terms of both distance and intensity. On Sunday, I rode the Race for Victory at my FTP power level. I do all my riding with a power meter.

On Sunday night, despite being really tired, I could not sleep due to my legs having a jumpy feeling. It varies from feeling like a slight buzz or vibration to a full-on jerk. 

Yesterday I did a really easy recovery ride on my indoor trainer, hoping to just move what I assume was lactic acid in my legs. Last night, I had the same experience as the night before.

Any suggestions or experience from fellow Hubbers? 

So, I've gradually and consistently improved and increased my training in terms of both distance and intensity. On Sunday, I rode the Race for Victory at my FTP power level. I do all my riding with a power meter.

On Sunday night, despite being really tired, I could not sleep due to my legs having a jumpy feeling. It varies from feeling like a slight buzz or vibration to a full-on jerk. 

Yesterday I did a really easy recovery ride on my indoor trainer, hoping to just move what I assume was lactic acid in my legs. Last night, I had the same experience as the night before.

Any suggestions or experience from fellow Hubbers?

Sorry bru. I get it often after heavy training loads. Only thing that helps me sleep then is compression pants and a pair of socks.

Sorry bru. I get it often after heavy training loads. Only thing that helps me sleep then is compression pants and a pair of socks.

I'm sure my wife will be unable to keep her hands off me when I come to bed dressed like that!!!  :eek:  :eek:

stretch before and after

if its calves - lite massage

hydrate before during and after (not with sugary crap)

eat after - protein and carb for recovery

Restless legs syndrome, from a Magnesium shortage, start taking a magnesium/calcium supplement.

was just about to say that.  - look into it, might not be the case, but would be my prime suspect

Put a potato in bed by your legs, you'll thank me next week. :thumbup:

Haha has the world of science been abke to explain this? I have heard this potato thing many times for a number of things, and it actually works for most, but it just sounds like the biggest load of horse dodo?

Haha has the world of science been abke to explain this? I have heard this potato thing many times for a number of things, and it actually works for most, but it just sounds like the biggest load of horse dodo?

Don't knock it till you tried it. :D

So there is an interesting theory I read about restless legs some time back based on how the body prepares for sleep.

So as the body starts to slow down for sleep and rest, blood flow around the body slows down and the extremeties (arms and legs) tend to get a little less oxygen. In response to the lack of oxygen the legs have learned that when they are more active the body will send extra blood to the legs and so the twitching and restless legs start.

Will try find the article and post the link.