Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has a Canadian accent, he's legit. I know him through Kenridge scouts.

Only contact was through PM. No phone calls.

• 2 weeks later...

+27 74 430 0208

I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at  barry4smith02@gmail.com  waiting to hear from you soon

"Thanks for the response, I'm really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin but only if you can assure me it's in a good condition. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. I really want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it. It will be secured paying via PayFast as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Payfast so I can make the payment. Note well: Pickup agent will come for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment."

+27 74 430 0208

I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at  barry4smith02@gmail.com  waiting to hear from you soon

"Thanks for the response, I'm really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin but only if you can assure me it's in a good condition. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. I really want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it. It will be secured paying via PayFast as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Payfast so I can make the payment. Note well: Pickup agent will come for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment."

Google links the number to "Adam Richardson" another known scammer alias: https://www.reportacrime.co.za/CrimeReport.aspx?ID=25544

Did you receive this via a Bike Hub ad?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest @BAZA

Scammers on OLX cut and past add from the HUB 

Could we maybe watermark HUB images?

post-88384-0-22030400-1525195649_thumb.png

post-88384-0-62347600-1525195663_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another one picked up by an eagle-eyed member:

The user "poster2018" had reused the photos and details of an existing Bike Hub user's ad at a ridiculously low price.

Phone number: 0736505339 / +27736505339

The number links to numerous pets for sale ads elsewhere online - a common scam.

Guest Ratchet road

+27 74 430 0208

ughhhh!! I have got this email from tons of scammers with a link to a fake paypal account

Guest Ratchet road

Scammers on OLX cut and past add from the HUB 

Could we maybe watermark HUB images?

Also, if any olx ad has phone number as name, dodgy titles, requests all communication to be done on email and specs and is in JHB Central. It is probably a scam!! 

Another one picked up by an eagle-eyed member:

The user "poster2018" had reused the photos and details of an existing Bike Hub user's ad at a ridiculously low price.

Phone number: 0736505339 / +27736505339

The number links to numerous pets for sale ads elsewhere online - a common scam.

I also have my eye on the new sram eagle stuff..

• 1 month later...

+27 74 430 0208

Tried his luck with me today. On gumtree.

Not sure if this is the correct forum I’m posting in, but could’t find one that I felt matched this specific event.

Disappointed in Hubber Loreal123. He listed a bike which I was interested in. I contacted him and made an appointment to view the next day with the idea of purchasing. Phoned him the next morning to confirm the appointment and was bluntly told that I wasn’t first in line, after he specifially told me the previous day that he’s “giving me the first chance”.

So much for honesty here. Anyway, please let me know if there is a thread that’s more applicable.

Not sure if this is the correct forum I’m posting in, but could’t find one that I felt matched this specific event.

Disappointed in Hubber Loreal123. He listed a bike which I was interested in. I contacted him and made an appointment to view the next day with the idea of purchasing. Phoned him the next morning to confirm the appointment and was bluntly told that I wasn’t first in line, after he specifially told me the previous day that he’s “giving me the first chance”.

So much for honesty here. Anyway, please let me know if there is a thread that’s more applicable.

Not a scammer, just no ethics. 

I have had many responses on my classifieds of people being interested, but I never promise anyone preference to them. The guy that pitches first with the cash gets the chance to buy it. Sellers should really make this clear when dealing with buyers.

As a buyer, if I see something I REALLY want I will phone the guy and drive there right away to close the deal, no use in taking someone's word that they will hold it for you, if someone pitches at his house with cash he will take that every day of the week instead of waiting for you who might still want to negotiate on the price and maybe not like it when you see it.

Like Karma said, not a scammer, but he should have communicated it better.