Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this response to my ad yesterday:

"Do you still have for sale if so,kindly write me back on (torseinmichealhans1@gmail.com) for further conversation."

His reviews showed he has been reviewed as a scammer but I reported it and see he has been blocked so well done the Bikehub admins.

His username was Michael001, incase he reappears somehow.....

I've noticed when you get someone that asks to take the conversation off site as their initial response and also doesn't ask any pertinent questions about the item you are selling they are typically scammers. It'll be something lame like "Hi, I'm interested please email me on xxxxxxx@gmail.com" etc.

I've also had a similar thing with SMS.

Edited by Skylark

Had this response to my ad yesterday: 

"Do you still have for sale if so,kindly write me back on (torseinmichealhans1@gmail.com) for further conversation."

His reviews showed he has been reviewed as a scammer but I reported it and see he has been blocked so well done the Bikehub admins.

His username was Michael001, incase he reappears somehow.....

Same here. Said he was in the US and wanted to pay via PayPal. After being scammed no so long ago I thought I would wait a bit and see. 

This is not a scammer from here but rather my club. This is from the chairman and off our whatsapp group. The phone number is in the screen shot.

Hello Friends,

Hope that you are all well.

Just had an incident on our social group. "Alice Hopley" has had a number of "good deals" on offer. Turns out that Alice is a "Pali Lisis"  - apparent scam artist ????.

The links to all our groups are sent out in our Welcome Letters to new members and are included in the newsletter ..  which goes out to members.

"Alice" is not on our member database, so would not have received anything containing links from the club. 

Open to workable suggestions on how we can avoid this happening again. 

Kindest regards 

post-58906-0-64407000-1577082689_thumb.png

Possible scammer called me regarding a wanted ad. Said he has the rare part lying in his workshop but a few people interested in the same part. First to pay gets it. Luckily I called his bluff and said I have a mate who can pop around to pay and collect. Not answering or returning call or whatsapp. Goes by the name of Paul using 0655375675.

Yes I have had an adverse experience with this guy over past few days and he has now gone to ground-no response to whatts app or phone calls.Surname used is MacDonald.Claims to be in Plettenberg Bay area.

This Torseheinmichealhans1@gmail.com seems to be spreading his wings. I put up 2 individual ads on Guntree (Gun Africa )for ,22 rifles which Im assisting family members to sell. He replied to both saying hes from Germany , wants me to give Pay Pal details and he will arrange for a courier to collect.

After initially advising him of the legal red tape regarding police export permits aswell as import permits into Germany together with a myriad of other legal ramifications he thankfully disappeared.

I suspected a scammer from the outset.

Edited by Mikejk

Yes I have had an adverse experience with this guy over past few days and he has now gone to ground-no response to whatts app or phone calls.Surname used is MacDonald.Claims to be in Plettenberg Bay area.

Same guy, claimed he is in Plett and about to go on holiday.

Possible scammer called me regarding a wanted ad. Said he has the rare part lying in his workshop but a few people interested in the same part. First to pay gets it. Luckily I called his bluff and said I have a mate who can pop around to pay and collect. Not answering or returning call or whatsapp. Goes by the name of Paul using 0655375675.

Unfortunately I've been scammed by this guy:

Pail McDonald from Plett: 065 537 5657 

Unfortunately I've been scammed by this guy:

Pail McDonald from Plett: 065 537 5657 

Sorry to hear that you've both been caught by this guy  :cursing: 

He's made a re-appearance today under the name "Andrew McDonald" selling a Thule rack in JHB. Phone number: 0639841372

Thanks to an on the ball member the account was flagged and banned soon after posting.

This is a scammer - do not transact with him. Please report any suspicious ads or communications to us.

One more to add...

Username: Rowan Ackerman

Phone number: 0640143109

Email: craiglottering.za@gmail.com