Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

"Martin Jacobson" is at it again but on Gumtree this time.

I thought it sounded fishy and read the february post below : Martin Jacobson <martinjac2020@yahoo.com> .

Greetings Jean,

I trust you are well. I am interested in buying this for my cousin as a surprise for him, if only you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment.

Beware.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add Aramex to this list....if you are buying online currently please ensure the shipping is NOT with Aramex....waiting almost 2 weeks and there is zero comms other than the usual cut and paste crap...

Their FB page is just over flowing with complaints.....I had the exact same problems with them last year so we can rule out the 'Oh we all have the virus' argument now...

Oh Aramex. Also had a terrible experience over the last 2 weeks with them, support is barely existent, takes 10 mins to get through to them and then when the call drops as you get put through to an agent who "specializes" in a particular area, you gotta call them back again and wait another 10 mins. Probably did about 50mins of waiting listening to their music.

They were supposed to collect an item from my house, never pitched, no comms. When I queried why they just said their was no staff able to collect. 

Surprised you found a facebook page to complain, I looked for a local one but didn't find any. Was a quick search though.

Throughout this lockdown period, regardless of prices, location, sales, etc. I've realized one thing. The only businesses that can survive are those that have a strong support department. 

(Sorry, slight for the thread diversion)

"Martin Jacobson" is at it again but on Gumtree this time.

I thought it sounded fishy and read the february post below : Martin Jacobson <martinjac2020@yahoo.com> .

Greetings Jean,

I trust you are well. I am interested in buying this for my cousin as a surprise for him, if only you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment.

Beware.

Great that you obviously picked up this is a scam.... But how do people actually fall for stories like this. I mean seriously. Why would you believe that someone offshore on an oil rig, that has access to the internet, cant just do a regular EFT like anybody else? Why do people fall for these stories. 

Just my quick 2 cents. I've sold in excess of 100 different items, of greatly varying value over the past few years. Since it's an inevitability for the classic scammers to call you with their elaborate story, I started having fun with it eventually. When the mood grabs me, and it's happened around 8 times, I play along and arrange a fake sale. Send them to a random, relatively remote location, and wait for their call when they reach this meet spot. I keep describing a random car that they look around for until they eventually realise I'm not there, at which point I offload some profanities and hang up the phone. At least they do some driving, and I get to piss them off immensely which brings me immeasurable joy. If you're feeling bored, please help yourself and take one of these clowns for a drive out to Bronkhorstpruit or wherever :thumbup:

You can add Aramex to this list....if you are buying online currently please ensure the shipping is NOT with Aramex....waiting almost 2 weeks and there is zero comms other than the usual cut and paste crap...

Their FB page is just over flowing with complaints.....I had the exact same problems with them last year so we can rule out the 'Oh we all have the virus' argument now...

They have had a lot of issues since the 5th of July with Covid19 infections shutting down their distribution hub in JHB, they have a huge backlog.

I have used them quite extensively in the past without issue but I also have a parcel stuck with them since being sent on the 4th of July, no movement since the 5th..

Edited by Skylark

What happened? 

He said he was doing an EFT and I posted off the item in the interim. Not big money, only R400 but you learn. Only the second time to get taken on the hub so not bad after buying and selling hundreds of items on the hub.

He said he was doing an EFT and I posted off the item in the interim. Not big money, only R400 but you learn. Only the second time to get taken on the hub so not bad after buying and selling hundreds of items on the hub.

School fees for letting the item leave with payment clearing. 

As a seller with hundreds of items sold you should know not to trust anyone.