Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currant Scammer doing the rounds on the classifieds 071 103 3523. Goes by the name James selling Zipp wheels . Arrogant little man ! Be safe out there

Are you referring to the 404 disc set advertised during the day yesterday @ R10k.?

I noticed the ad but it was gone before I could have a look at the detail.

Suspected that it may have been removed.

Are you referring to the 404 disc set advertised during the day yesterday @ R10k.?

I noticed the ad but it was gone before I could have a look at the detail.

Suspected that it may have been removed.

Yes. It was removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fellow Hubbers 

- Scammers Name:  Henk.Jooster

- Scammers Number: 0822967035

- Email: Hjooste.henk@gmail.com

Henk tried Selling me a set of wheels, we spoke on the phone and it was just RED FLAGS all over.

Thanks Bikehub For The notification.

Be Safe and Take Care Fellow Hubbers. 

Received this text from a Nigerian cell nr

“ I am interested in the bike. Please get back to me via email at   smitc12@yahoo.com  looking forward to your response”

Red flags: I’m not selling a bike, sending a Whatsapp and asking for email response, erm...foreign number...

Bikehub user Colinv, also new

Received this text from a Nigerian cell nr

“ I am interested in the bike. Please get back to me via email at smitc12@yahoo.com looking forward to your response”

Red flags: I’m not selling a bike, sending a Whatsapp and asking for email response, erm...foreign number...

Bikehub user Colinv, also new

This was the response:

Yes, I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

SCAMMER

This was the response:

Yes, I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

SCAMMER

Why can't the scammers find jobs at other places? Why do all of them work on oil rigs? Is there no vacancies in the SA government?

Hi Fellow Hubbers 

- Scammers Name:  Henk.Jooster

- Scammers Number: 0822967035

- Email: Hjooste.henk@gmail.com

Henk tried Selling me a set of wheels, we spoke on the phone and it was just RED FLAGS all over.

Thanks Bikehub For The notification.

Be Safe and Take Care Fellow Hubbers. 

More details please.

Scammer called Robert Kruger.

Bought shifter ultegra 11 speed. 2weeks ago. Still not arrived. Phonecall straight to voicemail. Needless to say... The shifters will never arrive. +27 78 433 0690 phone number and email kingsroberts730@gmail.com Rbert hub name obviously reported and banned. Be careful of this idiot. Selling golf equipment as well.

Just a Public Service Announcement.

I have been in the market for a PS4 Pro and have now found a number of ads where when reverse searching the image brings up ads from the UK and Europe.

Be careful out there, search the images if anything looks fishy.

Hi All

Anybody had dealings with the below?

I posted an add and 5 min later got WhatsApp call. Wanted the bike shipped via courier. Wanted discount which I approved. Am I willing to courier? Said yes, at his expense.

Said he will take care of courier cost as he has a account with a courier company - sounded like "Courier Guy". Wanted my account details. Said that I would send it shortly.

2 min later got WhatsApp asking for account numbers. Not once did the person ask any specific questions related to the bike. I am good at giving a proper description but not that good.  :w00t:

If legit, my humble apology's. 

Name :

It's Time to ride

Looking to buy/sell

or service a bicycle?

Look no further

Give us a call

072 382 8588

Dealers in pre loved bicycles

Hi All

Anybody had dealings with the below?

I posted an add and 5 min later got WhatsApp call. Wanted the bike shipped via courier. Wanted discount which I approved. Am I willing to courier? Said yes, at his expense.

Said he will take care of courier cost as he has a account with a courier company - sounded like "Courier Guy". Wanted my account details. Said that I would send it shortly.

2 min later got WhatsApp asking for account numbers. Not once did the person ask any specific questions related to the bike. I am good at giving a proper description but not that good.  :w00t:

If legit, my humble apology's. 

Name :

It's Time to ride

Looking to buy/sell

or service a bicycle?

Look no further

Give us a call

072 382 8588

Dealers in pre loved bicycles

just wait for money to clear in account before posting the bike...

Your add shows a good deal so if you feel uncomfortable, move on to the next. I'm sure your bike will get sold quickly.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it’s been posted before but there is a supposed bicycle shop in randfontein. 1 Toyota st. Smith Cycle. Selling Scott’s and camping fridges and who knows what else. Complete scam. Don’t send any money. They Advertise on Facebook