Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

It's 2021.

Not that everyone doesn't know this, but:

Whoever doesn't see doesn't buy.  

Any oil rig, offshore, NASA, Submarine, stuck on cruise ship with covid is a SCAM. 

No handing over/releasing of ANYTHING without the money having CLEARED in your account. CLEARED means you can transfer it on. 

NO MEETINGS at your home, only LBS, or Shopping Centre. 

I feel for everyone who has lost but le'ts be vigilant, some of the scammers are real chance takers. Not real. 

Take care. 

Edited by OVERDRIVE

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Anybody had dealings with the below?

I posted an add and 5 min later got WhatsApp call. Wanted the bike shipped via courier. Wanted discount which I approved. Am I willing to courier? Said yes, at his expense.

Said he will take care of courier cost as he has a account with a courier company - sounded like "Courier Guy". Wanted my account details. Said that I would send it shortly.

2 min later got WhatsApp asking for account numbers. Not once did the person ask any specific questions related to the bike. I am good at giving a proper description but not that good.  :w00t:

If legit, my humble apology's. 

Name :

It's Time to ride

Looking to buy/sell

or service a bicycle?

Look no further

Give us a call

072 382 8588

Dealers in pre loved bicycles

Any feedback on the deal? Was this legit or not?

Not sure if it’s been posted before but there is a supposed bicycle shop in randfontein. 1 Toyota st. Smith Cycle. Selling Scott’s and camping fridges and who knows what else. Complete scam. Don’t send any money. They Advertise on Facebook 

Ah, I've always wanted a camping fridge when I buy my next Scott Foil di2. 

• 3 weeks later...

This was the response:

Yes, I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

SCAMMER

I received the same Whatsapp message and then email:

062 741 0403

I am interested in the canopy. Please get back to me via email at  kindhearted2002@gmail.com  looking forward to your response.

Christopher Smit.

Sorry for the late reply. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via payoneer as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with payoneer so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pick up once I have made the payment.

Please be careful when buying or selling.

Sorry for the late reply. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via payoneer as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with payoneer so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pick up once I have made the payment

062 741 0403

I am interested in the canopy. Please get back to me via email at  kindhearted2002@gmail.com  looking forward to your response.

Christopher Smit.

Sorry for the late reply. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via payoneer as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with payoneer so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pick up once I have made the payment.

Sorry for the late reply. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via payoneer as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with payoneer so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pick up once I have made the payment

Was this in response to an advert on Bike Hub?

• 2 months later...

A guy tried to sell me a fork, please be on the lookout. 

Truecaller shows him as Brent Maritz (06843399091), email - Donalddcapetown@gmail.com

Edited by Bomberman

• 4 months later...

Got a scammer replying to an ad I posted on Gumtree, Truecaller picks their number 0738835633 up as "Classifieds Scammer Natasha" so they have obviously been scamming with that number for a while.

"[17:31, 20/11/2021] +27 73 883 5633: I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the conditions and i will like to inform you that am buying the item for my Family
[17:31, 20/11/2021] +27 73 883 5633: so i will be the one responsible for the pick up and delivery stuff.kindly get back to me with your full name and address so that i can forward it to the pick up agent to calculate the pick up fees for me."

17 minutes ago, Skylark said:

Got a scammer replying to an ad I posted on Gumtree, Truecaller picks their number 0738835633 up as "Classifieds Scammer Natasha" so they have obviously been scamming with that number for a while.

"[17:31, 20/11/2021] +27 73 883 5633: I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the conditions and i will like to inform you that am buying the item for my Family
[17:31, 20/11/2021] +27 73 883 5633: so i will be the one responsible for the pick up and delivery stuff.kindly get back to me with your full name and address so that i can forward it to the pick up agent to calculate the pick up fees for me."

Good you sniffed it out before you got caught, bastards !

I just noticed on the Whatsapp about contact page the scammer is calling themselves Natasha Mariusz, number 0738835633.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Adriaan88 said:

Scammer Alert

Whatch out for this cell no. 37BA062E-8032-496B-A4A9-CC361D63C9A5.png.11ed7f632f6dd13e8757abf74b1b3d13.png

Thanks for reporting this. We've blocked the account he's used on Bike Hub to target you and others with wanted ads. 

It's a common modus operandi we see whereby the scammer approaches people with wanted ads, claiming to have what they are looking for at a very good price. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:33 AM, Avo said:

062 741 0403

Christopher Smit.

How ironic.

• 1 month later...

Anybody familiar with a user called Wellings (apparently from Malawi)? He's trying to by a derailleur from me but there's a lot of back and forth from his side on trying to get his "handler/transporter" to collect the item from me and "ways" to make payment to me. Gave him the option of cash or eft after which he came back suggesting payment via Mukuru (?) Something doesn't feel right.

10 minutes ago, Rudii said:

Anybody familiar with a user called Wellings (apparently from Malawi)? He's trying to by a derailleur from me but there's a lot of back and forth from his side on trying to get his "handler/transporter" to collect the item from me and "ways" to make payment to me. Gave him the option of cash or eft after which he came back suggesting payment via Mukuru (?) Something doesn't feel right.

That has all the flags for a likely scam:

- A "driver" will collect
- Using an obscure payment mechanism

Avoid!!

Was this via Bike Hub?