Songezo Jim: Grand Tour Debut Success

News bot

Songezo should be immensely proud of what he has achieved, in a sport still largely characterised by old world traditions and barriers to entry, he has managed to make to from Mtatha to Madrid.

His humbleness in thanking his aunt and his girlfriend for their support is really touching.

For me this is my good news story of the week - against all odds he has made it thus far.

Venga Songezo!

Well done Songezo!

You are a great roll model to the youth of the country let's hope with the Qhubeka bike initiative you motivate more youngsters to take up the sport.

I was disappointed that Super Cycling did not give you 6 other Africans credit besides just focusing on LM.

Good luck for next year.

Well done Songezo! You are a great roll model to the youth of the country let's hope with the Qhubeka bike initiative you motivate more youngsters to take up the sport. I was disappointed that Super Cycling did not give you 6 other Africans credit besides just focusing on LM. Good luck for next year.

Agreed,