Hi Guys,

Could any of you please shed some light on how to set up the height of a mountain bike seat? I have taken the measurement of my inner leg.

I am a bit confused, one website suggest you multiply your inseam measurement by 1.09 to get the measurement to adjust your seat height too, another website suggest you take 10cm off of what you have measured and that is your correct seat height.

Thank you in advance!!

Hi Guys,

Could any of you please shed some light on how to set up the height of a mountain bike seat? I have taken the measurement of my inner leg.

I am a bit confused, one website suggest you multiply your inseam measurement by 1.09 to get the measurement to adjust your seat height too, another website suggest you take 10cm off of what you have measured and that is your correct seat height.

Thank you in advance!!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/fitness/bike-fit/saddle-height-why-you-need-to-get-it-right-25379

This has worked for me.......but then again I am short, fat, unfit and generally look like a noob........"general ball park" oke.........no race snake material.

(........not rough on the ball part.......) :thumbup:

Alternatively....PM Vetseun......he knows a lot.........in Bloemies!!!

Edited by BarHugger

if you are really riding seriously (like not a ten k cruise on Saturday afternoon)

go get a pro bike fit (its not too expensive if you shop around )

you will save your self a lot of aches and pains (and possible injuries ) further down the road :thumbup: and the money that you would waste on saddles and stems and bars and shorts and gel gloves and physios etc etc

Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance!!

Many informative guidance videos on youtube about the subject, including full how to vidoe's. give it a try, actually not too difficult to do the basics.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/fitness/bike-fit/saddle-height-why-you-need-to-get-it-right-25379

This has worked for me.......but then again I am short, fat, unfit and generally look like a noob........"general ball park" oke.........no race snake material.

(........not rough on the ball part.......) :thumbup:

Barhugger thank you for your reply! That link is the website I used in the first place to set up my saddle height the confusion began with wikihow when I wanted to see how and when to adjust my seat forward or backward and whether it should be level etc.

if you are really riding seriously (like not a ten k cruise on Saturday afternoon)

go get a pro bike fit (its not too expensive if you shop around )

you will save your self a lot of aches and pains (and possible injuries ) further down the road [emoji106] and the money that you would waste on saddles and stems and bars and shorts and gel gloves and physios etc etc

This. Nail on head.

Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance!!

Go for a decent bike fit. Will cost you less than a pair of bibs and last you much longer. The comfort and pain spared will be worth every cent.

Why pay thousands on a new bike and hesitate on hundreds to be comfortable on it?