Launch Enduro Knee Pad

Shanelvz

Just didn't pass CE certification though like the Leatt gear 

Yes, but you can ride in them all day long, something you can't do with the Leatt gear.

They're designed for abrasion protection and are not intended to prevent impacts from smashing your knee. In that context, they're great. I've ridden with many pads and these are hands down the most comfortable ones I've had.

TLD KG5400 then.

Can ride with them all day long, and they meet CE standards :thumbup:

EDIT: But yes, I have seen the Fox Launch a some local bike shops here in JHB, so I'm sure they have in CT

Edited by patches

Yes, but you can ride in them all day long, something you can't do with the Leatt gear.

They're designed for abrasion protection and are not intended to prevent impacts from smashing your knee. In that context, they're great. I've ridden with many pads and these are hands down the most comfortable ones I've had.

I hear you and make use of and test all the Leatt gear elbow and knee guards , even to the extent of 80 to 100km plus rides. All day riding , winter / summer , rain or shine and don't experience chafing and skin loss. Airflex , 3DF and 3DF Hybrid etc. I use Leatt because of issues experienced with other gear. Each one to his own though ;)

I hear you and make use of and test all the Leatt gear elbow and knee guards , even to the extent of 80 to 100km plus rides. All day riding , winter / summer , rain or shine and don't experience chafing and skin loss. Airflex , 3DF and 3DF Hybrid etc. I use Leatt because of issues experienced with other gear. Each one to his own though ;)

Fit (especially on knees) is a very personal thing, given the range of shapes of knees and size of legs etc, so I'm not surprised that you find them different to Martin (who also rides a lot) in terms of how comfortable they are. 

I'm looking at getting some Leatt or similar knee/shins, cos my existing ones (ONE industries) just don't do the job well enough for me. They rub on the top of my knee when pedalling, which means I need to remove the top strap, which doesn't sit well with me. I'd prefer to have them on ALL the time. 

I've sorta narrowed it down to either TLD or Leatt. For now. I may be completely wrong though... 

I have seen those leatt hybrid pads. Nice looking and not as bulky as it seems. I using raceface dig and absolutely love them as they are super comfy to a point I forget they there.

If I were to change to a knee/shin it would be between the leat hybrid, or the ixs dagger which I am liking alot.

Fit (especially on knees) is a very personal thing, given the range of shapes of knees and size of legs etc, so I'm not surprised that you find them different to Martin (who also rides a lot) in terms of how comfortable they are. 

I'm looking at getting some Leatt or similar knee/shins, cos my existing ones (ONE industries) just don't do the job well enough for me. They rub on the top of my knee when pedalling, which means I need to remove the top strap, which doesn't sit well with me. I'd prefer to have them on ALL the time. 

I've sorta narrowed it down to either TLD or Leatt. For now. I may be completely wrong though... 

You're welcome to contact me anytime dude so you can at least try some of the Leatt models on. Let me know your sizing and I'll make sure to have on hand ?

Check out the site for sizing charts on the various models (AirFlex, 3DF , 3DF Hybrid etc).

http://www.leatt.com/shop/knee-guard-3df-airflex.html

http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-protection/knee-guard-3df.html

http://www.leatt.com/shop/knee-guard-3df-airflex.html

later.... ;)