Happy Birthday Lance Armstrong

fanievb

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of great sportsmen that aren't giant douche bags... it's not a prerequisite to success. 

Biaggi

Shumacher

Rossi

Senna

All great champions are uncompromising in their approach and sometimes difficult to work with. There will always be casualties. for every winner there are many losers. You can't be a great champion without spilling a little blood.

Best cyclist ever Eddie Merckx also a cheat and actually caught during career but adored

Best cheat ever Bernie Maddof Bob Mugabe stole a country and got away with it

Best Liar ever Any politician especially Donald and he even believes himself

Best doper ever Valverde is the current WC. Eddie got away with it so him and the entire peleton from then to possibly recently

Best Ahole ever Maybe but at least he's become a fraction more humble and amusing 

Biaggi

Shumacher

Rossi

Senna

All great champions are uncompromising in their approach and sometimes difficult to work with. There will always be casualties. for every winner there are many losers. You can't be a great champion without spilling a little blood.

Jip..hear you...BUT still be ok and not a BOX!!!...I mean anyone can be a BOX....but dont kick the tea lady coz she burnt the water...maybe she is having a tough day...

He was never busted, well never through testing at least -

Actually he was. After Festina cycling could not afford another scandal.

It is well documented that he was bust but that UCI suppressed it and took a big donation from him "to strengthen the anti doping labs".

I watched the TDF 2019 and was chatting to a mate who has done his fair share of cycling and he tuned me they ALL doping to a lesser or larger degree...he maintains that NO normal human ...no matter how fit can day in and day out do those kilometers and rinse and then repeat...

Well I for one am in awe of these top cyclists...they are as tough as nails...drugs or no drugs....or enhancers as so put...I say HUGE RESPECT to them ..BUT ...Lance ...you dear Sir ..were weighted...measured and found VERY wanting...AND you seemed to me a bit of a BOX to top it all...

Best cyclist ever Eddie Merckx also a cheat and actually caught during career but adored

Best cheat ever Bernie Maddof Bob Mugabe stole a country and got away with it

Best Liar ever Any politician especially Donald and he even believes himself

Best doper ever Valverde is the current WC. Eddie got away with it so him and the entire peleton from then to possibly recently

Best Ahole ever Maybe but at least he's become a fraction more humble and amusing 

Have you heard is podcasts?? Amusing he can be but humble is not in Lance's dictionary

• 11 months later...

I watched the TDF 2019 and was chatting to a mate who has done his fair share of cycling and he tuned me they ALL doping to a lesser or larger degree...he maintains that NO normal human ...no matter how fit can day in and day out do those kilometers and rinse and then repeat...

Well I for one am in awe of these top cyclists...they are as tough as nails...drugs or no drugs....or enhancers as so put...I say HUGE RESPECT to them ..BUT ...Lance ...you dear Sir ..were weighted...measured and found VERY wanting...AND you seemed to me a bit of a BOX to top it all...

Luckily Lance reads this forum.

• 1 year later...

I was just wondering the other day about where all the old US Postal team ended up and what they're up to now . . . . Tyler, Roberto Heras, Floyd, Levi, Victor Pena, Dave Zabriskie etc . . . . .

9 hours ago, Bonus said:

I was just wondering the other day about where all the old US Postal team ended up and what they're up to now . . . . Tyler, Roberto Heras, Floyd, Levi, Victor Pena, Dave Zabriskie etc . . . . .

I watched some episodes of TheMove during season which featured some guest appearances from that list.

One thing's for sure, Tyler and Floyd were not on the 50th guest list. ????