Happy Birthday Lance Armstrong

fanievb

11 hours ago, Bonus said:

I was just wondering the other day about where all the old US Postal team ended up and what they're up to now . . . . Tyler, Roberto Heras, Floyd, Levi, Victor Pena, Dave Zabriskie etc . . . . .

floyd making dope

zabriskie making ball cream

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

floyd making dope

zabriskie making ball cream

They are great mates, so probably combining the two

I wasn't following cycling in the Armstrong era .... I try and imagine the feeling of finding that Roglic / Pogacar / van Aert et al are doping and it doesn't feel good - it would make it very difficult for me to continue enjoying the excitement of things like yesterday's TT. 

LA has left an indelible mark on cycling for better or worse... if the awareness of doping and measures to counteract it today can be attributed to LA, then you can argue that his impact has been positive. Those that suffered at the time because of him will see things very differently.

But I agree with @mamil - if today's crop if uber-stars are tainted in the future, it will leave a sour taste.

2 hours ago, Mamil said:

I wasn't following cycling in the Armstrong era .... I try and imagine the feeling of finding that Roglic / Pogacar / van Aert et al are doping and it doesn't feel good - it would make it very difficult for me to continue enjoying the excitement of things like yesterday's TT. 

During the years of his 3 to 6th titles I was able to follow the daily broadcasts live on tv.

It was an experience to follow the peleton for those years.  Swopping bikes for serious mountain climbs, swopping back to another bike for the descent ....

YES, I was an absolute Lance fanboy during those years.

And yes, subsequent revelations have seriously eroded the joy of watching road racing.

15 hours ago, Bonus said:

I was just wondering the other day about where all the old US Postal team ended up and what they're up to now . . . . Tyler, Roberto Heras, Floyd, Levi, Victor Pena, Dave Zabriskie etc . . . . .

Victor Hugo Pena has been on Johan Bruyneel's La Movida podcast a few times.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/i-was-almost-dead-jan-ullrich-speaks-out-on-his-recovery-on-lance-armstrongs-podcast

it's all lies, just Lance playing the media as usual!!!!

(just kidding, great to see him making a positive change in someone's life)

As a Jan Ulrich fan, I'm not so much concerned if and how big roll Lance played in his recovery, would rather believe that it was all Jan and appreciate the fact that he is "back" to some normality, physically and emotionally.