Import gzip file into Strava

silkman

I'm having a problem with the Cycleops Virutal Trainer app and their support is pretty useless.

I am unable to upload my rides to their servers for some reason. I have a gzip file on my tablet.

I want to upload to Strava but Strava doesn't accept gzip.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

A .gzip file is normally a compressed file (like zip), so you will need to extract the contents of the gzip file first using something like 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html), you will hopefully find the contents of the .gzip file is a gpx or fit or other compatible file that you can then import into Strava

Not sure if this will help but I have used the 'convert' option on this website to get stuff into compatible files like GPX, TCX etc.

http://www.gpsies.com/

Doesn't recognize gzip.

I've extracted the gzip file but it unzips into a file name with no extension

Edited by silkman

I'm having a problem with the Cycleops Virutal Trainer app and their support is pretty useless.

I am unable to upload my rides to their servers for some reason. I have a gzip file on my tablet.

I want to upload to Strava but Strava doesn't accept gzip.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

a .gzip is just a linux based zip format and should be extracted. More fun when there is a tar involved, this scenario comes to mind...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/tar.png

I have extracted it but I get a file with no extension- just a file like below:

workout_da4b7135-a78a-4b3b-aeb7-4869e72a57ae_1442937171

I see strava supports...(.tcx)...(.fit)...(.gpx) 25 MB and smaller.

The bikes used at cadence are also cycleops...the activities are recorded on a tablet and sent to selfloops...i download the file saved as .fit ....then upload to strava .

I am clueless when it comes to this technical stuff...but just an idea...try save file as...a fit file.

I see the file on my computer is activity100044_23-09-2015__15-51-45 with no extension...cadence uses selfloops...i log in and download the info which is shared on this site...then download to my PC...unfortunately i use an ipad so everything is restricted.

open strava on your computer not tablet or phone...go to the + in the top right corner...upload activity...choose file just below device...choose files then find the file which you downloaded from the bike and upload...it should work.

Does anyone know which format cycleops uses?

Might be worthwhile trying to just add the extension to the filename and see if it imports.