divernick

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

Is there a local agent for Cotic or is it basically an import yourself setup?
Those Cotics always look lekker with the small diameter tubes and not this wide and flaring and tapered looking stuff bike frames seem to use these days..

There was an importer a couple of years back, but they stopped. You can just order direct from the UK site and they will ship to you.

15% VAT applies, no import duties on a frame, 15% duty on complete bikes.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well place this here as well, will be on BH Classifieds soon.

Cotic X - CX/Gravel bike. Size M/L

A perfect gravel racer and all rounder for commuting and road. Being a steel frame this bike is a keeper for the long term, be it a project bike, indoor trainer or as spare for coffee dates.
This was one of the last from the supplier and one of the few that came with a carbon fork instead of the standard chromoly steel one. 

15k onco ... feel free to DM :)1E0572E4-2B0A-47AE-B34F-D470FEEE5B76.jpeg.39d3cf6720e9955ba7986c8b2f280756.jpeg

Edited by Danger Dassie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been considering a new build centered around a steel mtb frame. Cotic has always caught my eye so I really like the idea of building one. Does anybody have a frame that they are looking to sell? I am looking for a size medium hardtail. It can be single speed (Cotic simple) or geared. I'm planning on a rigid build but will consider up to 120mm travel upfront.

I'll also consider any other steel frame. I know about the Momsen STF and STR, I contacted Nils at Woodstock cycleworks and also covered nearly every website and store in SA. If you have any recommendations on other brands or know of places where I can find frames I really appreciate that!

2 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Schalk has a complete bike 0824138363 

Will send him a message in the morning, thank you!

11 hours ago, Blokeonabike said:

Hi all, I've been considering a new build centered around a steel mtb frame. Cotic has always caught my eye so I really like the idea of building one. Does anybody have a frame that they are looking to sell? I am looking for a size medium hardtail. It can be single speed (Cotic simple) or geared. I'm planning on a rigid build but will consider up to 120mm travel upfront.

I'll also consider any other steel frame. I know about the Momsen STF and STR, I contacted Nils at Woodstock cycleworks and also covered nearly every website and store in SA. If you have any recommendations on other brands or know of places where I can find frames I really appreciate that!

Cotic sizing is on the larger size so check first, I ride a 17" MTB normally which on a Simple or Solaris equates to a small

4 hours ago, broncoza said:

Cotic sizing is on the larger size so check first, I ride a 17" MTB normally which on a Simple or Solaris equates to a small

Thanks for the heads-up. There is both a small and large available in a Cotic Simple. I currently ride a Meidum Sworks epic with a slammed -20 degree stem.  So would you say that the small will be closer to my current setup than a large?

2 minutes ago, Blokeonabike said:

Thanks for the heads-up. There is both a small and large available in a Cotic Simple. I currently ride a Meidum Sworks epic with a slammed -20 degree stem.  So would you say that the small will be closer to my current setup than a large?

Will send you a PM with my details give me a call

Schalk here! Thanks for the mention Arno!

My Cotic X still for sale. 

I also have a Cotic simple frame (L) for sale. 

20210612_190617.jpg

On 8/28/2021 at 6:21 AM, Mojoman said:

Is there a local agent for Cotic or is it basically an import yourself setup?
Those Cotics always look lekker with the small diameter tubes and not this wide and flaring and tapered looking stuff bike frames seem to use these days..

I think there used to be local support somewhere in the western cape, but not any more. It really is a boutique brand, and you are basically on your own with importing etc. 

They do look might sexy though 

• 1 month later...

I built up my Cotic a few months ago.  It was a slow process while I assembled bits and pieces.  The final build ended up getting an Ohlins RXF 36 fork (overkill, but awesome), Industry9 Torch hubs with Nextie carbon rims, KS Ether 35mm carbon bar, TRP G-spec Quadium 4 pot brakes, XO cranks and an eagle drive train.  Total build came in at 11.6kg which I thought was pretty good considering the frame and fork.  

The bike is just so much fun to ride!  Its way more forgiving and compliant than I was expecting it to be.  I've had a few hardtails in my time, but never a steel one and I understand now why people love their steel bikes.  Plus, with that beast of a fork I feel like I can just charge at and over anything in the trail.  

I thought it would just be a fun 'every now and then' toy, but I've switched to using it exclusively which means that my wife has claimed my Anthem as her own :lol:

IMG_20211009_125134.jpg

2 hours ago, Maknash said:

Im really excited I finally get to post on this thread. Cotic Escapade built up for gravel/commuter/road duties. I love it 

COTIC ESCAPADE.jpg

That is my old frame/fork/red bits!!!

Nice

45 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

That is my old frame/fork/red bits!!!

Nice

Awesome to know where the frame came from a friend built it up for me. Absolutely loving it