Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it is evident that the lot in rsa is obsessed with marathon riding on paved dirt roads. And you better not mess with their distances. How else will they get bragging rights, and add value to their lives?

My seeding story goes like this....Start cycling again after a few years off. Half marathons. After a few races I'm in A batch. Cool. Get fitter and faster. Start doing Marathon's. Seeding takes a knock against the pro machines out front. Now when I enter a half marathon I'm in B group but I'm 30% fitter and faster than before.....Not a rant. I don't mind where I start, I'm only racing myself. But I do find it strange.

My seeding story goes like this....Start cycling again after a few years off. Half marathons. After a few races I'm in A batch. Cool. Get fitter and faster. Start doing Marathon's. Seeding takes a knock against the pro machines out front. Now when I enter a half marathon I'm in B group but I'm 30% fitter and faster than before.....Not a rant. I don't mind where I start, I'm only racing myself. But I do find it strange.

sport is improving - lots of young fast riders 

sport is improving - lots of young fast riders

Don't think that's the reason. If I compare my half times. I think the way saseeding calculates your index could be improved. Granted the lighties in the half are fast, it's not the same as having your finishing time calculated against a Nico Bell when you race the Marathon IMO.

But this is a conversation for a different thread.

When are we going to have a nice rivercrossing again?(not a floating brigde,a proper rivercrossing,lol)

I think a river crossing will be very welcome tomorrow!

Got a message earlier that the race was starting earlier due to the heatwave.

Capture.JPG

According to the Trailseeker website, the event program looks like this:

Capture2.JPG

And so it is evident that the lot in rsa is obsessed with marathon riding on paved dirt roads. And you better not mess with their distances. How else will they get bragging rights, and add value to their lives?

And it explains the utter lack of technical riding ability... even though it warns of technical bits (where true bragging rights are born!) and for people to stay out of the way if they want to hike.

Just to add on to a previous post I made...Please show the following to anyone and everyone you know that may like to hike their bikes (This warning is from the Bundu Bash race but applies to ANY MTB race):

post-69190-0-81827900-1443778518_thumb.png

And it explains the utter lack of technical riding ability... even though it warns of technical bits (where true bragging rights are born!) and for people to stay out of the way if they want to hike.

Just to add on to a previous post I made...Please show the following to anyone and everyone you know that may like to hike their bikes (This warning is from the Bundu Bash race but applies to ANY MTB race):

I have no horse in this race but seeing that it is Friday, I'll bite.

I am soooooo gatvol of comments like this.  Windgat mountain bikers "with skill".  Also (mostly) know as unfit "big boned" boytjies with no brains or fitness.  Relying on gravity and brainless thinking to decent the 50m of downhill in a 60km route.

The fact that I was before you there on the trial, is that I, on the other hand, don't rely on the one or two rocky downhills where I can use my kg and "skill".

I train hard.  Most likely harder than you.  And in the long run on a course like Hakahana, you will not beat my roadie unskilled ass despite your brave pompous skill. 

Have some respect for people in front of you.  If you don't want to be held up by unskilled riders, train harder and get in front of me.

Good luck tomorrow.

I have no horse in this race but seeing that it is Friday, I'll bite.

I am soooooo gatvol of comments like this.  Windgat mountain bikers "with skill".  Also (mostly) know as unfit "big boned" boytjies with no brains or fitness.  Relying on gravity and brainless thinking to decent the 50m of downhill in a 60km route.

The fact that I was before you there on the trial, is that I, on the other hand, don't rely on the one or two rocky downhills where I can use my kg and "skill".

I train hard.  Most likely harder than you.  And in the long run on a course like Hakahana, you will not beat my roadie unskilled ass despite your brave pompous skill. 

Have some respect for people in front of you.  If you don't want to be held up by unskilled riders, train harder and get in front of me.

Good luck tomorrow.

That's why I asked my previous question !! Unless it is a lap race or short distance joining you should not have to catch up to "unskilled riders " . That means your seeding is kuk and you not so good yourself  :clap: